ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amid
Newly Registered

Can I apply for ILR

Post by Amid » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:18 am

Sorry Guys, I think I post under the wrong topic before lol . I'm new to the forum but find it very helpful. My child have british passport,through the dad who is british citizen and he apply for child pass port and give it to me. We are not together and we were never married,it was a failed romance that resulted in a child. My child is 5yrs old and lives with me. I currently live in UK for the past 8yrs. I never made any application for anything before,and my visa ended 8yrs ago. what can I do now? Can anyone point me in the right direction,without being Judgemental? I would be grateful for any help and advise. Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 pm

You need to seek legal advice for an application to stay outside of the rules as the Discretionary Leave option has been removed in the new regulations.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:14 am

She may also qualify for Residency under Zambrano, if you are the primary carer of tjis child. But i dont belive ILR is possible.

I agree with casa you may need to seek legal advice on your options.

The fact that the child is a british may be a positive, if your case is looked at under the rules.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors