ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

oath/pledge - last minute question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bourou
Newly Registered

oath/pledge - last minute question

Post by bourou » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:40 am

Looking very much forward to my ceremony today, but got a bit of last-minute-panic. During the ceremony we will have to swear the oath of allegiance and the pledge of loyalty. Okay - but do we have to commit the oath/pledge to memory? I am totally useless with memmorising. Can we have a crib sheet, or will there be someone we speak after (like the Americans do)?

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: oath/pledge - last minute question

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:12 am

bourou wrote:Looking very much forward to my ceremony today, but got a bit of last-minute-panic. During the ceremony we will have to swear the oath of allegiance and the pledge of loyalty. Okay - but do we have to commit the oath/pledge to memory? I am totally useless with memmorising. Can we have a crib sheet, or will there be someone we speak after (like the Americans do)?
Don't worry, you don't need to memorise anything. All you do is repeat after person organising the ceremony. Enjoy your Ceremony.

bourou
Newly Registered

Post by bourou » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 am

vinitmanu wrote:Don't worry, you don't need to memorise anything. All you do is repeat after person organising the ceremony. Enjoy your Ceremony.
Many thanks, that is a relief! Panic attack over, heart rate stabilising - good to go now. :D

bourou
Newly Registered

Post by bourou » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:39 pm

:D Yay! I'm finally a British citizen! :D

God save our gracious Queen!

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:50 pm

bourou wrote::D Yay! I'm finally a British citizen! :D

Congratulations ! Hope u enjoyed your ceremony !

Babattee
Newly Registered

Post by Babattee » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 am

bourou wrote::D Yay! I'm finally a British citizen! :D

Congratulations!!!

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Babattee

Congrats to you on becoming the British citizen.I saw in your previous post that you work in qatar and came to UK for citizenship ceremony.

Have you applied for british passport? and how it is possible to transfer residence visa from previous passport to british passport?

I am in the process of applying for british passport from doha.

Regards
Jaffar