ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS MY STATUS STILL "STUDENT" IF I APPLIED FOR A SP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sara1991

IS MY STATUS STILL "STUDENT" IF I APPLIED FOR A SP

Post by sara1991 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 pm

HI EVERYONE I AM NEW HERE AND REALLY HOPE YOU MAKE ME FEEL WELCOMED BY ANSWERING ME

I am a Moroccan lady was on a student visa when I got married to an EU national in August 2012

My Student visa was still valid when I got married and it is still until the 30 of December 2013.

I applied for an EEA2 , Spouse visa and received an acknowledgment letter from UKBA where they said they are processing my application and they gave me the right to work full time (which I didn't have on my student visa)

My question is, Am I still considered as a "student" from the UKBA 's point of view (since I applied for another type of visa)

I am thinking to leave college because I am looking for a full time job, would the fact of me leaving college cause me problems with the UKBA ?( because as an international student on a student visa you have to attend 100% of classes, otherwise you will be reported to your home country) So I am just worried that the UKBA will report me home if I leave college,

Did my student visa get cancelled when I applied for another type of visa?
I am really worried

I hope I made it clear, please guys ONLY answer my question if you are SURE of the answer or you have gone through the same situation

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Your student visa will not get cancelled as it is possible to hold a "normal" visa and also to be under the EEA regulations at the same time.

However, the restrictions you have as a student will not apply any more as your status as a spouse of EEA national supersedes those. So you can leave the college and it will not affect your status in the UK (your student visa might get cancelled but you won't be required to leave the UK).

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:40 pm

[quote="Jambo"]Your student visa will not get cancelled as it is possible to hold a "normal" visa and also to be under the EEA regulations at the same time.

However, the restrictions you have as a student will not apply any more as your status as a spouse of EEA national supersedes those. So you leave the college and it will not affect your status in the UK (your student visa might get cancelled but you won't be required to leave the UK).[/quote]

Thank you so much for your reply

Did you mean that if my college informed UKBA about me leaving the college , that wouldn't lead to report me home??

I am so worried Sorry if I am repetitive with the questions but I just want to be sure about my situation as I am thinking to leave the college.

Please answer me back

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Good job for finding the right section to post, as you have been advised you do not have anything to worry about, you have just about equal right to reside in the UK as your EEA spouse, do not worry about getting reported. you can leave the college, you can open your own business, you can take up employment, you can do anything legal. You are no longer under immigration control .
Last edited by frei on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm

[quote="frei"]Good job for finding the right section to post, as you have been advised you do not have anything to worry about, you have just about equal right to reside in the UK as your EEA spouse, do not worry about getting reported.[/quote]

Thank you Frei for your interest! I am just trying to ask as many people as possible to generate the same answer!! I honestly don't want to leave the UK just because I left college.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Did you mean that if my college informed UKBA about me leaving the college , that wouldn't lead to report me home??
This might lead to your student visa being curtailed/cancelled but as you have a right to stay in the country as a spouse of EEA national, you won't need to leave the country.

You might get a letter from the HO asking you to leave but that is probably because they won't be aware of your EEA2 application (even though it is all HO. The different departments are not well connected between them). If this happens, just let them know you have made an application under the European regulations and you will be fine.

Don't worry. Be happy.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:54 pm

[quote="Jambo"][quote]Did you mean that if my college informed UKBA about me leaving the college , that wouldn't lead to report me home?? [/quote]
This might lead to your student visa being curtailed/cancelled but as you have a right to stay in the country as a spouse of EEA national, you won't need to leave the country.

You might get a letter from the HO asking you to leave but that is probably because they won't be aware of your EEA2 application (even though it is all HO. The different departments are not well connected between them). If this happens, just let them know you have made an application under the European regulations and you will be fine.

Don't worry. Be happy.[/quote]

HO ARE NOT CONNECTED I AM SURE ABOUT THAT, I DON'T EVEN WANT TO PUT MYSELF IN RISK SO I WAS THINKING TO GIVE MY COA TO MY COLLEGE TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I AM NOT A STUDENT ANYMORE, IF THEY ACCEPT IT THEY WOULDNT REPORT MY ABSENCE TO HO AND THEREFORE I WOULDNT HAVE PROBS !!

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Re: IS MY STATUS STILL "STUDENT" IF I APPLIED FOR

Post by aledeniz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:53 am

sara1991 wrote: I am thinking to leave college because I am looking for a full time job,
Out of curiosity, what were you studying?

sara1991

Re: IS MY STATUS STILL "STUDENT" IF I APPLIED FOR

Post by sara1991 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 am

[quote="aledeniz"][quote="sara1991"]
I am thinking to leave college because I am looking for a full time job,[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what were you studying?[/quote]

Business Administration and here I am desperately looking for a job