ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question regarding Set (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alexanoon
Newly Registered

question regarding Set (M)

Post by alexanoon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 pm

All, I have a quick question that I wanted to check on this forum.
I was married to an EEA national for 4 years after which we divorced. After a few years I married my now spouse who is from a non eea country.

I applied for Retention of Rights and then PR under the European rules and then sccessfully got British citizenship.

I am now looking to apply for my spouse's ILR using SET (M), initally when I had PR spuse applied for and was granted FLR(M).

My question is that i am scared seeing some of the questions on the SET (M) form where under Partners section the HO ask for how did I qualify for a passport, and if i married someone who was settled in UK.

I dont have anything to hide but sometimes things sound different than they actually were.

The questions are:
1. Do i Say i got my passport by marrying someone settled in UK, as I had retaineed my rights of residence and qualified myself for the british nationality?
2. Will the HO look at this as something fishy, there was a clear gap between marriages i was married for 4 years and then got married again after 2 years to my now spouse?
3. is there any way i can loose my nationality, i havent ever lied about anything to the HO but think they might look at my case as if I got married for settlement
4. what is the corrrect answer of how i acquired settlement in the UK?
5. what should i answer here -Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?

Thanks you sooo much for your help guys much appreciated
alexa

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:59 am

1. Just tell the truth. You got your passport after acquiring pr through retention of rights. You didn't get your passport by5. marrying someone settled in the UK (unless your EU national spouse had pr when you joined him?)
2. No ukba have already granted your spouse FLR(M) so clearly consider your marriage to be genuine. They would have been aware of your immigration history when he made his last application.
3. No
4. The truth- married an EU national exercising treaty rights, retained rights of residence then pr.
5. No

alexanoon
Newly Registered

Post by alexanoon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks so much greenie
Much appreciated
Alexa

Greenie wrote:1. Just tell the truth. You got your passport after acquiring pr through retention of rights. You didn't get your passport by5. marrying someone settled in the UK (unless your EU national spouse had pr when you joined him?)
2. No ukba have already granted your spouse FLR(M) so clearly consider your marriage to be genuine. They would have been aware of your immigration history when he made his last application.
3. No
4. The truth- married an EU national exercising treaty rights, retained rights of residence then pr.
5. No