ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -PEO Croydon : Urgent help needed please !

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Singhy
United Kingdom

ILR -PEO Croydon : Urgent help needed please !

Post by Singhy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 am

Hi forum members ,

I have an appointment for ILR at Croydon PEO on 15th feb for me and my wife (dependent). Below is my scenario -
HSMP (2 yrs) + Tier 1 (3 yrs)

I have been regularly referring to this forum as a baseline and been collecting the required documentation for set (o). I very recently got to know that on the day of my appointment I will need to , along with other documents, show / submit the old ukba approval letters for my hsmp and tier 1 (which would have been sent to me along side my passport when hemp and tier 1 were stamped ).
Since then , I have been frantically searching for both the UKBA approval letters but have not been able to find them - probably I have lost them.

Would deeply appreciate if you guys can please help me here and let me know whether these both approval letters would be needed for my ILR application as a supporting document ?

If so, and in case I have lost them - please suggest what's the best way and channel to get a duplicate copy please ?

Regards, Singh
:(

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: ILR -PEO Croydon : Urgent help needed please !

Post by malepiscean » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 am

Singhy wrote:I will need to , along with other documents, show / submit the old ukba approval letters for my hsmp and tier 1 (which would have been sent to me along side my passport when hemp and tier 1 were stamped
IMHO, as far as I recall from my ILR application, I submitted the approval letter for my work permit but nothing apart from the vignette in my passport for my Tier 1 General visa. Since, HSMP & Tier 1 G were essentially both independent (non sponsored Visas) - actually you might be okay without those letters.

I'm happy to be corrected by anyone who is more sure about this.

However, theoretically you could do the following for peace of mind:

1) If you by any chance employed the services of an immigration lawyer/agency for getting any of these visas then also check with them once - they sometimes keep scanned copies

2) What about your employer? Did your company ever ask you for a copy of the approval letters?

3) Send a SAR request to UKBA. Note the following para on this page and keep this in mind:

"If you just want us to provide you with a specific document, please just ask us for that; this will make it easier, and probably quicker for us to respond to your request."

Hope this is of some use.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:06 am

You won't need those letters. These letters only provide a home office reference number but other than that they don't have any value as such.
The application forms normally ask for a HO reference number but that's optional information and if you can leave that as BLANK.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:14 am

HSMP & T1G Approval letters are not required.

Singhy
United Kingdom

Post by Singhy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:03 am

@ malepiscean - many thanks for sending in your comments. I was looking into the subject access request form as suggested by you. Looking at the form (section 6) I think I need to tick visa application records check box. And probably in further details section I should be explaining that I need my Hsmp and tier 1 ukba approval letters (with my specific visa dates). Can you or anyone else please confirm ?

My other concern is - the sar form states that it will take almost 40 days for ukba to send back the approval letters to me , I don't have 40 days with me as my appointment is on 15th feb. Any suggestions on how can I expedite this process ?

@bans.s , cs95 - thanks for confirming that these approval letters won't be required. I don't mean to question your information but I have spoken to couple of friends who have recently taken ILR and they have said that these approval letters are an important document.
If any one who has recently gone through ilr peo process can confirm the same it would be great and I will stop persuing these documents.

Regards, Singh
:(
:( :(

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:41 am

Singhy wrote:I have spoken to couple of friends who have recently taken ILR and they have said that these approval letters are an important document.
Do you mean that the caseworker had asked for these documents when they applied for ILR? Note that all those approval letters will confirm is that you were granted leave to remain under the category in question along with the points scored. The first fact will clearly be visible with the visa vignette in your passport and or BRP which I presume you have. The points scored when you applied initially is not material to your ILR application, only the rules that applied to you according to your initial application date will matter. I presume you do know what rules apply to you?

Additionally all information on previous immigration applications you made to the UKBA will be available to the case worker to verify on their systems. I.e. they will not rely on the letter(s) you provide them for this. The information you get via a SAR will already be available to them, so IMHO unneccessary in your case if it is purely to get your HSMP or T1G approval letters.

Singhy
United Kingdom

Thanks Everyone

Post by Singhy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Dear Forum Members -

I today spoke to UKBA contact helpline and they have confirmed that the HSMP + Tier 1 approval letters are not required for the 5 yrs rule folks. It's an important document though for the 10 yrs ILR rule people.

Also they have confirmed that -
1. Payslips required - Last 12 months (if not original, PO from your HR system and a cover letter to confirm this from your HR)
2. Bank statements (salary account) - Last 12 months
3. Savings account - Not clear on this but I will show statements for 2 years
4. Cohabilitation proofs - Last 2 years.
5. P60 - Last 5 years

Hope this helps you all.

Thanks, Singh.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 pm

First - for HSMP/Tier 1 (G) you don't need the old approval letters. I brought mine and photocopied everything. Case worker gave me back the photocopies, indicating that they don't need those in file.

Secondly - you don't need *all* 12 months of payslips. You only need as many needed for your points. If three payslips is enough then you only need to submit 3 payslips.