ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa refused due to missed documents - Advice needed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mackjack
Newly Registered

Student visa refused due to missed documents - Advice needed

Post by mackjack » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:59 am

Hello

I was on student visa then switched to PSW visa then I applied for student visa again and it got rejected straight away cos I forgot to attach a bank statement which I had. It was a careless mistake from my part.

I submitted the missing document and appealed to First and upper tribunal
but they rejected it stating some random cases.

The current situation is I have applied to court of appeal. I wanted to know if anyone has faced anything like this.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Student visa refused due to missed documents - Advice ne

Post by bruteforce » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:24 pm

mackjack wrote:Hello

I was on student visa then switched to PSW visa then I applied for student visa again and it got rejected straight away cos I forgot to attach a bank statement which I had. It was a careless mistake from my part.

I submitted the missing document and appealed to First and upper tribunal
but they rejected it stating some random cases.

The current situation is I have applied to court of appeal. I wanted to know if anyone has faced anything like this.
Why did you appeal? It was your mistake and you know it and still you wasted your time and their resources. Instead you could apply straight away if CAS was allowing you and the course had not already started. Your call.

farhan984
Newly Registered

Post by farhan984 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 pm

You should have applied as a fresh applicant using the new CAS letter as the previous CAS has already been used.

Now, you have appealed (challenged) their decision. Making an appeal in this case was not the correct decision according to my understanding.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:49 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mackjack
Newly Registered

Evidential flexibility

Post by mackjack » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:08 am

Hello vinny

I went to solicitors and they have been fighting on the same evidential flexibility point but in vain and its gone to court of appeal and it has cost me more than 2k in solictors fees so far from first tier tribunal to court of appeal
Still waiting for court of appeal reply to my permission to appeal.

vinny wrote:See also Evidential flexibility.

UK Tier 4 Consultancy
BANNED

Post by UK Tier 4 Consultancy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:39 am

their decision to refuse you was correct because you failed to make a valid application. you shouldnt have wasted your money and time with the appeal and just make a fresh application.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Have they asked you about the missing bank statement in documents? They do state in an acknowledgement letter that they will contact you if they find any problem.

One of my friend got a call from caseworker that bank statement was missing from his file. They gave him some deadline to send it immediately. He didn't get refused.