ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibily questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibily questions

Post by lmkanuri » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 am

I am currently on Tier 1 general Visa.

I am the main applicant.Myself and my wife were granted Visa on 8th April 2008. But we entered UK on 13th June 2008. In 2010 my Tier1 is again extended and I have VISA until 8th April 2013.

My questions are as follows :

1) Since there is around 63 days difference between permission granted & my arrival to UK, Do I have to apply for Tier 1 extension (for 2 months) and then apply for ILR ? (Or) Can I apply for ILR ?

2) My wife(Tier1 dependent) was here in UK too from June 2008. She has absences more than 180 days.Will it effect her ILR application ?

3) My Daughter was born in UK last year. She is now on Tier 1 dependent visa. Do I need to apply ILR for her along with my application (OR) Can i apply directly for her British citizenship after my ILR ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:18 am

1) You do not need to apply for an extension. You can apply for ILR directly as you entered the UK within 3 months of EC.
2) No.
3) No. You can apply for her to be registered as a BC once you are granted ILR. See "Children" section under: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747