ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New non EEA family member rules as of July 2012

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shevcraig
Newly Registered
South Africa

New non EEA family member rules as of July 2012

Post by Shevcraig » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Can someone clear up some of my concerns. I am married to a EEA member and are planning to move to the UK together in Jan 2014. I see there are some new rules as of July 2012 for non EEA family members wanting to join their Partners in the UK. They need to be earning over 18000 pounds per annum for example. We are planning on moving over together, so how can we show we earn that amount per annum? Also how long will i need to be living in UK befor getting ILR?

Thanks
Craig
Last edited by Shevcraig on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Yeah , if your EEA national spouse is British Citizen living in Uk then you have to prove that. I think he may prove that easily by his p60 or perhaps he can get a letter from the employer stating his annual salary.

ahmad_785

Re: New non EEA family member rules as of July 2012

Post by ahmad_785 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Shevcraig wrote:Can someone clear up some of my concerns. I am married to a EEA member and are planning to move to the UK together in Jan 2014. I see there are some new rules as of July 2012 for non EEA family members wanting to join their Partners in the UK. They need to be earning over 18000 pounds per annum for example. We are planning on moving over together, so how can we show we earn that amount per annum? Also how long will i need to be living in UK befor getting ILR?

Thanks
Craig
can you please tell us about your eea family member,which country is he or she from?
i think he or she is not from UK and i think i am not sure but i think this rule is only for UK residents(UK passport holders)
so you don't have to worry for that.
just clear it with the gurus here.
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

Shevcraig
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: New non EEA family member rules as of July 2012

Post by Shevcraig » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:50 am

ahmad_785 wrote:
Shevcraig wrote:Can someone clear up some of my concerns. I am married to a EEA member and are planning to move to the UK together in Jan 2014. I see there are some new rules as of July 2012 for non EEA family members wanting to join their Partners in the UK. They need to be earning over 18000 pounds per annum for example. We are planning on moving over together, so how can we show we earn that amount per annum? Also how long will i need to be living in UK befor getting ILR?

Thanks
Craig
can you please tell us about your eea family member,which country is he or she from?
i think he or she is not from UK and i think i am not sure but i think this rule is only for UK residents(UK passport holders)
so you don't have to worry for that.
just clear it with the gurus here.
Hi
My wife has dutch citizenship and so have my two children. Do these new rules not apply to us then if we plan to come live in the UK? Would we then just apply for a normal family permit?
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 am

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 am

There isn't such a thing like "normal" family permit, if your EEA national spouse is of other nationality than British then you apply for family member permit and there is no financial requirement which is imposed on British Citizens living in UK for spouse visa(note spouse visa, not family permit).