ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need your advice on ILR/dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thecontractor
Newly Registered

Need your advice on ILR/dependant visa

Post by Thecontractor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi All, I need your advice on my situation below.

I am on Tier 1 General and eligible for ILR by end of this March. My current visa is expiring on May 2014.

My wife is Tier 1 dependant and her visa is expiring on May 2014. She originally entered UK in July 2010 and went to India last year (July 2012) for delivery and planning to return back to UK this March with the baby.

I have couple of questions.

A) Got a rumour from my friend that I need to apply a fresh visa for my wife as she is out of country for almost 8 months. Is this true? It didn't sound right to me as her current visa is expiring only on May 2014. I couldn't find anything in UKBA site.

B) I am planning to apply dependant visa for the baby in INDIA ASAP so that my wife and baby can come to UK in March and then apply ILR for me, my wife and the baby sometime in May/June this year. I guess this is the best possible option. What do you think?