ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant + ILR dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saminkhan

Tier 1 dependant + ILR dependant

Post by saminkhan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi all

I am sure it is explained somewhere but there is a lot of confusion about it hence this query:

My wife has completed as Tier 1 dependant and ILR dependant. She got her ILR dependant visa before the new rulesa were announced in July. Can she apply for ILR now as she has completed 2 years as dependant although it is not 2 year as ILR dependant.

Secondly, is it 2 years instead of 5 years as changed in July 2012?

Finally, which form to use.

Thanks

Samin

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Anyone???

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 pm

saminkhan wrote:Anyone???
YES, she can apply for her ILR as soon as she complete her 2 years which is combination of Tier 1 and ILR dependent.

ritswaney

Post by ritswaney » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Yes as long as she got her dependent visa before July, she can apply for ILR after 2 years.
If she is on a Tier 1 Dependant - she needs to use SET(O)
If she switched to an FLR(M) (ILR Dependant) when you got your ILR, then she needs to apply via SET(M)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:06 am

saminkhan wrote:Hi

I am applying for my wife's ILR who has completed 2 years as Tier 1 dependent and settled persons dependent. As she got her settled person dependent visa before July 2012, I guess she can apply for ILR under old rules after completion of her two years from arrival in the UK?

Is SET (M) the right form?

I am planning to attach the following documents, can someone please check and advise if anything needs adding

- Application form
- Wife's passport
- Wife's biometrics permit card
- Wife's photos
- My photo
- Life in the UK pass certificate (she passed it a month ago, i hope it is valid for application even after the new test is introduced)
- I have both pakistani and british passports. Can i send pakistani passport which is still valid and had ILR stamp on it. The reason is that i would be traveling using my british passport
- Daughters birth certificate (She is british born but it seems it is required)
- 6 different pieces of evidence confirming same address

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.