ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr sheffield peo

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssosts1
Newly Registered

ilr sheffield peo

Post by ssosts1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Guys
-recently granted ilr jan 2013
-application type tier 1 general 2+3 years
-self employed
I was quite confused to start with as the application form was changed in dec 2012 and I only found out few days prior to my appointment. However I got it filled and dont my best to answer whatever was changed.
I did not bother too much about the exact days of absences as mine were only 60 days in five years.
I got to the sheffiled peo at 8am,parked in the multi story(was very expensive 10 quid for 3 hours a rip off) car park.I would advise finding a ncp car park if you have enough time for it.
Waited in the queue for 10 minutes till clock struck 8.30 am and the doors were opened.Went through the security checks and was called in to one of the windows to get the application checked for.
Please rememer they are not case workers they only carry out initial checks if the forms are correct. So no need to be confused or nervous.
Then you queue for the payement at the payment window which opens at 9am.
Ok after you have made the payment you must hand in all the forms and the supporting documents to the payment window.Please ensure you pass on all the evidence you have because once the payment is made and the file was passed on it goes to the case worker. I saw someone haggling on the window because she did not pass all the documents but only the application form!!
Here is what happens after handing in the forms:
-you have a ticket no at the first window when forms are checked. You get called for the bio metrics -takes about 5 minutes.Listen for your ticket no when you are called for the bios.
-As soon as you are done with the bio metrics your file is opened by the case worker before that it is only sitting on a desk waiting for the bios to be done.
-Usually takes an hour for a case worker to go through your file depending how complicated it is.
-then the case worker comes to the window and calls your ticket no and either gives you a decision or tells you to wait till he completes the checks he/she required to do so.
-In my case I was told it will take longer because case worker had to go through checks on the application. It was nail biting till he came back after another hour and half with the decision. He told me "its all fine, it was pretty much straight forward." Sigh of relief. No questions were asked.
He only discussed my education informally just for a chat and asked me what are my future plans.It was only a friendly chat.I got all the docs back and was out in seconds from that place.
-If case worker calls you and has all the documents in had initially its very likely that he has come back with the decision.
-If case worker comes back empty handed and calls your ticket no then you will be delayed for few hours till they reach the verdict!
Overall it was quite good experience,case worker was friendly and lady at the payment window was best of all.She should be a case worker lol.
Thats all reallly/....wish you all the best.

KayNa

Post by KayNa » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Congratulations!
Sounds a bit nerve racking but you must be glad to have made it through without much hassle.

I'm in a very similar situation and applying for ILR in April as self-employed.
I should be ok since I have enough points but just wondering how you claimed earnings?

I know the guidance says you need 2 forms of evidence, such as bank statements and accountants letter, but just curious how you did it personally and if you have any advice?

I teach exercise classes and get lots of different sums of payments from hundreds of different people by cash, cheque or online transfer to my bank account, so have lots of payments to claim and not sure but the best method is.

I read in the guidance that self assessment tax payments aren't accepted since they're not impartial, however I need to claim net profit, which is dependant on my self assessed tax payment, so how do I go about proving net profit without self assessment?

And how did you go about it?

Really appreciate all the details in your previous post and any info you or other readers of this forum might have.

Thanks!