ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test - which edition?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

black_bird

Life in the UK test - which edition?

Post by black_bird » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi, I am quite confused with which edition of the textbook/study guide I should be studying for the test.

I have the April 2010 edition (btw,i went to the test centre, but got refused to entry even though i was spot on on time, was told i need to arrive 15 mins earlier, and will be refused entry if i am not 5 mins earlier!! Why wasn't I told in advance when i booked the test?), but didnt sit the test. Now I need to do it again!

I've noticed there is a 2012 edition for study guide, but on lifeintheuktest website below, they still seem to have the 2009/08/07 versions.
http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp? ... KID=002353

but a few things have changed since then, such as minium wage, etc

Anyone, please?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 pm

I gave life in the UK test last week. It does say when you book the test to arrive 15 mins before, someone who arrives 5 mins early will not be allowed to sit.

However I was told that questions still come from 2007 edition. And she purposely mentioned that only give the answers what says in the book, not according to the current climate.

olazh

Post by olazh » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 pm

????

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Thanks very much.
Oh no! Still sticking to the 2007 version? but my version is 2010..... If we are still to stick to the 2007 version why is the publisher having so many new versions out…..

Would you mind telling me where you've spotted that line of notice about being early for 15mins? I was shown a piece of paper at the centre and was told I should have received an email about this rule. But I never did? And then I searched and searched on their website, it doesnt say that anywhere, not in terms and conditions either....

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:07 pm

black_bird wrote:Would you mind telling me where you've spotted that line of notice about being early for 15mins? I was shown a piece of paper at the centre and was told I should have received an email about this rule. But I never did? And then I searched and searched on their website, it doesnt say that anywhere, not in terms and conditions either....
It's stated in the email confirmation you get when you book & pay for the test through their website. You should have received a payment confirmation for your booking at the very least, unless the email went into your mailbox spam folder.

The correct Home Office reference book for the LITUK test is still the 2007 2nd edition, as a new updated test has not yet been released.

http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp? ... KID=002353

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=107512

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm

I passed The Life In UK Test last month,using the 2007 Version of the Hand Book.

In the confirmation E-mail it was mentioned that if you will not be allowed to sit the Test,if yu are not at the Centre 15 Minutes before the Test commences.

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi I just made a call to the 0800number and I was told to use edition2011 of the book which was first published in 2007. I was told it should have a big yellow tag on the cover.thx for all your help