ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Extension Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confused456
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Extension Query

Post by confused456 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi Friends,

I have been following this board for quite long as a silent observer, this board is really helpful.

About one question, I am not able to find an answer on this board. Kindly if someone can help?
i.e.

I did b.sc in electrical engineering from university of engineering and technology lahore. I didnt get / attached uk naric equivalent certificate with my application but still I got the visa.

Now PBC is not showing points for my engineering from uet although my univ is listed.
1) Do I need to get the uk naric certificate?
2) is there a possibility that uk naric has degraded the level of my univ?
3) some people i saw on this board got the uk naric with uet lahore degree, but some didnt. why there is difference ?

I want to apply for extension and I am really confused due to the above mentioned.

Thanks
Last edited by confused456 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 - Extension Query

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:25 pm

confused456 wrote:Hi Friends,

I have been following this board for quite long as a silent observer, this board is really helpful.

About one question, I am not able to find an answer on this board. Kindly if someone can help?
i.e.

I did b.sc in electrical engineering from university of engineering and technology lahore. I didnt get / attached uk naric equivalent certificate with my application but still I got the visa.

Now PBC is not showing points for my engineering from uet although my univ is listed.
1) Do I need to get the uk naric certificate?
2) is there a possibility that uk naric has degrated the level of my univ?
3) some people i saw on this board got the uk naric with uet lahore degree, but some didnt. why there is difference ?

I want to apply for extension and I am really confused due to the above mentioned.

Thanks
You don't have to get the NARIC equivalence. You will get exactly the same point as you have got on your initial application (I am assuming your initial leave was on Electrical engineering degree).

Regards

confused456
Newly Registered

Post by confused456 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:33 pm

yes, my initial leave was based on bsc electrical engineering.

In the extension form, I dont know what to write for "H2", ?

H2. Please indicate your method of verifying your qualification:
Qualification recognised on the points based calculator
Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or certificate
is enclosed
Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or certificate
was provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application.
Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a letter stating the UK academic
equivalence from the relevant United Kingdom professional body is enclosed
Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a letter stating the UK academic
equivalence from the relevant United Kingdom professional body was provided with
your initial Tier 1 (General) application.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:37 pm

have you seen this?

HSMP extension applications

A very small number of people in the UK under Tier 1 (General) or the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme may have a qualification which has previously been assessed to be of a higher level than shown by the points-based calculator. These people may claim the higher points score, in line with the previous assessment. Appendix A of the Immigration Rules, which you can find on the right side of this page, contains more details.

If you are not sure what points you were previously awarded, you should email us at wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

In these cases, we will refer to our records. We will only be able to award a higher points score in very limited circumstances that meet all of the following requirements:

you are currently in the UK under Tier 1 (General) or the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme;
you are relying on the same qualification for which we previously awarded points in this area;
the earlier assessment of the qualification confirmed that it was equivalent to a higher level of qualification than is now shown by the points-based calculator; and
there is no evidence that you used deception to obtain the earlier decision.

confused456
Newly Registered

Post by confused456 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 am

thanks
but yes, I have seen this

I still dont know which option to choose in H2

I am assuming I should choose degree recognised in point based calculator ... as I can see my university name though no points awarded

am i correct in thinking like this?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 am

You could answer that and also take a print out of the page which ban.s was quoting from (it's on the UKBA website).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

cooltoy
Newly Registered

Imminent job offer-no passport in sight

Post by cooltoy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:01 pm