ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RETAINED RIGHT OF RESIDENCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BANAS
Newly Registered

RETAINED RIGHT OF RESIDENCE

Post by BANAS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Wondering if any complication could arise for submitting a Retained Right of Residence application at this stage. As I called the UKBA and was informed could wait and apply for EEA4 november 2013 and ignore applying for ROR.
This is a summary of my case:

-Nov 2008 married EEA national
-Nov 2009 EEA2 issued
-June 2012 began divorced proceedings.. finalised Nov 2012.

I have been employed since 2010. I have my X P60's and payslips since 2008 till October 2012. She stopped working as a result of company closing down but have been self employed and have proof of self employment and accountant records till December 2012. I am now worried because I don't know whether she would be willing to provide her ID to me in future as my contacts with her since January 2013 has diminished. Is it still possible to apply for ROR without EEA ID?

Oke1

Repply

Post by Oke1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:50 am

To my own experience , acodinto what
Have read in this forum I don't think u need
Is ID because ukb know who woman
That you her not married anymore will
Not like to see you talkless of giving you
Is I'd so that is what I think but wait
For member respond too or go and read
EEA4 form regarding retain right
Pls am just using this site can you help me about my brother wife
She just doin 15hours a week

ccccp
Newly Registered

Re: RETAINED RIGHT OF RESIDENCE

Post by ccccp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 am

BANAS wrote:Wondering if any complication could arise for submitting a Retained Right of Residence application at this stage. As I called the UKBA and was informed could wait and apply for EEA4 november 2013 and ignore applying for ROR.
This is a summary of my case:

-Nov 2008 married EEA national
-Nov 2009 EEA2 issued
-June 2012 began divorced proceedings.. finalised Nov 2012.

I have been employed since 2010. I have my X P60's and payslips since 2008 till October 2012. She stopped working as a result of company closing down but have been self employed and have proof of self employment and accountant records till December 2012. I am now worried because I don't know whether she would be willing to provide her ID to me in future as my contacts with her since January 2013 has diminished. Is it still possible to apply for ROR without EEA ID?
Yes UKBA recently amend they policy to accept application with out ID . I think ID not an issuer.
I would advise to apply as soon as you can as no one knows where UK will be in EU as member or partner ect.
Make sure you got all papers . Vital points
Proof that your wife exerciser treaty rights on the day of divorce for ROR,
for PR you have to show she been exerciser treaty rights for period of been married.
Proof cohabital residence at least 1year for ROR and PR just residence for 5 years.
You been economicly active at the date of divorce for ROR and during 5 years.
Many of this you already know just little help if you don't.
I am quite interesting in what UKBA advise you and what you told them or write to them?

Oke1

Repply

Post by Oke1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:26 am

Their is know where uk is goin or going to be treaty can't change
Straight like that , all this debate can't just change nothing heven at all
Before it will take effect it will be up to 2-3 ys so
Just hv it in mahind that ukb will not accept ur application Ealy
Than when ur rc expire so let us up for good news on Friday
Pm speach in news
Pls am just using this site can you help me about my brother wife
She just doin 15hours a week

waqas123

same situation..Retain right of residence or ILR

Post by waqas123 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:01 pm

*came UK on student visa on 8 jan 2008
*married 23rd may 2009
*first granted FMRS( 15 oct 2009 till 23 july 2010,and than granted Resident card 4 nov 2010 till 4 nov 2015)
*lived together 1.3 years of marriage (in that period worked together same place(mcdonald),got all pay slips of mine and her,p 60,tenncay agreements,to cover all my 1.3 years living together
*after 1.3 years no contact with her,dont know where she lived,what she done.......after 3.4years of marriage she contacted me regarding divorce and i started procedure.
*now waiting for decree absolute
*she have 18 month baby from his boy friend which i found after i submitted my divorce petition.
*she had applied for her boy friend /partner visa on the child basis which home office refused(i found everything after sending my divorce petition on the grounds of miss behavior fighting and cultural difference).
*she is not helping me on any thing like pay slips(as he rule say she MUST exercising treaty rights until decree absolute)

questions.
1. will all that proof are enough for getting ROR?
2. if they refuse my application on the basis that i cant confirm that she is exercising treaty rights until decree absolute issued? will i lost my current RC aswell?
3.how much chances for getting ROR on above mention proofs?
4.if i will get ROR,when can i apply ILR,(married on 23rd may 2008)
5.how much time they will take to grant ROR?

thanks for advance members

ravii

Post by ravii » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Best regards