ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of HSMP changes on the existing HSMP approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

from_india

Impact of HSMP changes on the existing HSMP approval

Post by from_india » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:53 am

Hi All,

I have obtained my HSMP approval on 27 SEP 2006 - the approval that is valid till 27 MAR 2006. I have not yet applied for the EC (visa). I learnt that, starting from 17 NOV 06, there is a new set of rules for the HSMP.

My question is: with the commencement of new rules for the HSMP, does my HSMP approval still remain intact? (Note that I havent obtained the visa yet.)

I would be very surprised (and utterly disappointed) if I need to get a new approval; and I dont think that that would be the case. But this thing is so important that it is very easy be become over-anxious. Anyway!

Thanks for reading my question and your possible reply!

PS: By the way, the reason why i am anxious is the following information posted at http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_11_ ... hanges.htm

8. Even if you are already on HSMP you will still need to come under the new criteria for an extension as announced on 7 November 2006. There has already been talk of a legal challenge to the Governments new requirements for an HSMP extension. The government has also announced that it will make some "transitional arrangements," full details of which have not yet been published.

But I guess this is for the people who are already in UK with old HSMP and the ones who wish to apply for the new HSMP. This is my interpretation. Does anybody see this differently?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:08 am

I think in your case you dont have to worry. It is only for fresh HSMP applicants and for those people who will be applying for an extension at the end of their initial approval.

since you have an approval (with out the visa) you dont fall into any of those categories.

Just go ahead and apply for your visa. However, please note that , when your visa expries(at the end of the 2 year period), then you will have to apply for extension under the new rules.

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:25 am

You will get the EC from the British HC in your city but your extension after 2 years will be based on getting 75 points under various categories.
So, you need to study the extension guidance explaining the points section.

from_india

Post by from_india » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:51 am

Hi webhunter & manindergill,

Thats exactly what i thought and was hoping. Thanks for your replies.