ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP with ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niteshalagh
Newly Registered

Lost BRP with ILR

Post by niteshalagh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi

I am new to this forum. I have lost my BRP in India and I am scheduled to leave in 4 days. I am quite sure I can't get a replacement BRP visa so quickly. I cannot extend my stay as I have to start a new job. I luckily have copies of my BRP and the letter from the Home Office when the BRP with ILR was issued. Will I able able to enter the UK by producing photocopies and relevant reference numbers.

Please help.

Thanks

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 am

You probably won't have problem clearing immigration.
Your problem will be convincing your airline to carry you.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 am

Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

njsaunders
Newly Registered

Post by njsaunders » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm

I can speak to your predicament and I agree with INSIDER.

I entered the UK just this past weekend without my BRP. I had lost my old BRP about 2 months ago while in the UK and applied for a replacement that week. I had to travel in between receiving my passport back and receiving the new BRP.

At the border they were able to check my visa status on their systems and they let me in with just a photocopy of my old BRP and the letter from UKBA saying my new one will be arriving soon as evidence.

As you are a national from a country without a visa waiver to UK you will definitely have problems boarding the flight though. I'm a US citizen and so wasn't asked to show proof of immigration status when I left the US to return to UK, but my girlfriend (who's an Indian national) was asked to show her BRP before boarding. Luckily she hadn't lost hers!

hareesh5
Newly Registered

Post by hareesh5 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Could you please advice me.

I have lost my BRP card and please find my time line below.

First intimation to UKBA - 14th jan 2013 -through email
Applied on (BRP(RC)) - 17th Jan 2013
Fee taken - 21/01/2013
Biometric invitation - 24/01/2013
Biometric enrolled - 24/01/2013 - post office
First contact with UKBA - 5/02/2013 - Advised application is still in process
Second Contact - 14/02/2013 - advised me two options - 1.continue to wait for decision or 2. With draw the application.

I am opting to withdraw the application as i need to travel abroad asap.
Please advice me, In how many days do i need to re-apply for BRP(RC)? if i am not wrong From abroad i need to take one entry visa to enter into the UK and then re-apply.
How will they calculate for my re-application? will they calculate 3 months from ( My First Intimation) 14/01/13 or from the withdraw date?
Please advice me.