ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language test?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kim1

English language test?

Post by kim1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 am

Para 156 of guidance notes
You can claim points when the points based calculator confirms that the degree:

meets or exceeds the equivalent level to UK Bachelors degree; and

was taught to a competent standard of English equivalent to level C1 on the Council
of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning,
Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).
Para 149 of guidance notes Y
ou must check that you
have passed an English language test that is still within its validity period, and have achieved
at least CEFR level B1in all four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening)

My question is , Is it you have to have a degree taught at master level in english which is equivalent of C1 either that or you should appear in a test of B1 level to score 10 points?

so appearing in a test for B1(Ielts =4BAND) will be accepted , and we dont need to appear in a test for C1(Ielts=7BAND)?

hawkeye
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hawkeye » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:25 am

Hello,

As per the policy document changes AFTER 13th December, IELTS score required is a Band 4 as mentioned in your post.

As for the degree, i suggest to use the Online Calculator at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator and input your degree details to see if you can score 10 points.

I have done my Bachelors from a Canadian University and when using this calculator, I do score my points for my degree at a Bachelors level for the purpose. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

kim1

Post by kim1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Thanx its clear to me now.