ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Title Change - Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khans

Job Title Change - Tier 2

Post by khans » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:12 am

Hi Forum,

Grateful if you could answer my query relating to the change of Job Title for a migrant worker under Tier-2 category.

My current Job Title falls under Information and Communication category under code 2132-Software Professionals. My Job title has now changed slightly, reflecting my experience. I was a Junior Performance Consultant and now I will be an Analytics Consultant. The job title that most closely matched mine when I applied for Tier-2 earlier last year was Operations Analyst.

My question is : Will I need to make a fresh Tier-2 application for this Job title change?

What I understand is that a need for another application arises if my job switches categories from say for e.g. 2132-Software Professionals to 1132-Information and Communication Technology Officers.

My new title and salary may now be similar to that of an Systems Analyst which still falls within 2132-Software Professionals.

I would appreciate your valued feedback on this.

Regards,
Khans

Basharat81

Post by Basharat81 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm

as I know, you dont need to do anything, when you will extend your visa you can sort this out as well.

khans

Post by khans » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Tier-2 Policy guidance states and I quote:

"Change of employment applications
192. You must make a change of employment application if you wish to change employer.
You must have a new Certificate of Sponsorship and you must meet all the points
requirements.
193. You must also make a change of employment application if you are remaining with the
same employer but:
Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 12/2012) - Page 42 of 59
there is a change to your core duties which means you change jobs to a different Standard
Occupational Classification (SOC) code
; or
• under TUPE (or similar) protection you change jobs and the new job is in the same SOC
code, but your new salary is less than the salary that was on your original Certificate
of Sponsorship on which your previous grant of leave was based or is less than the
appropriate rate for the new job as shown in the relevant code of practice.
• you are remaining with the same sponsor but there is a change to your core duties which
means you change jobs from a job which is currently on the shortage occupation list to a job
which is not on the shortage occupation list; or
• your pay reduces from the level indicated on your current Certificate of Sponsorship or
current work permit, other than changes due to company-wide reductions defined as
acceptable in the Sponsor Guidance, or reductions due to maternity, paternity, adoption
leave, and/or a period of sick leave that lasted for one month or longer.
194. A change of employment application is not required for other changes to your job. For
example if you are remaining with the same employer and change jobs to a different job
within the same SOC code, your pay increases, or you are moving under TUPE (or similar)
protection due to takeover, merger, or de-merger or any other circumstances in which
TUPE is triggered.

I believe this means I don;t need to make a change of employment application as my SOC code remains the same i.e. 2132-Software Professionals.

Your views on this will be much appreciated.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:12 pm

There is also something about you needing to apply if you get a raise above a certain percentage of your current salary... Don't quote me on that though!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 am

without knowing the actual details of your job it seems that para 194 applies.