ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(URGENT)Change of employer:Should I withdraw my application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muffin1234
Newly Registered

(URGENT)Change of employer:Should I withdraw my application?

Post by muffin1234 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi all,

I need advice from you guys for my frustrating situation.

My current company offered to sponsor me and I enrolled my biometric on January, 3rd. Now I am awaiting the result (PSW to Tier 2 general), however, I have just been informed my company might be close down by the end of this month and they told me to start applying for a new job :(

Now I have got another offer from a new employer who would like to sponsor me. But they do not have their sponsorship license for their company yet. What should I do in this situation? My plan is

1. Withdraw my tier 2 application to get my PSW back, start working in the new company and waiting for their sponsorship license. If my new company hasn't got the new license before my PSW expire (February, 19th 2013), I would request an urgent treatment and apply for my tier 2 before 19th Feb. Then keep working for the new company and hope for the best.

2. My agency suggest me that, while awaiting the result, I should start working for the new company. Then wait until they get a sponsorship license and assign CoS to me. I am aware this one is not the right way to do with UKBA but it seems possible too

Please kindly advise which solution you think it's the best. I am required to withdraw it today :cry:

Thank you very much for all your help in advance. I really appreciate your suggestion.

muffin1234
Newly Registered

Post by muffin1234 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Any thoughts?

Kindly let me know if you have the same experience or even you don't, please suggest what I should do. I'm really worried and I think I might have to give up :(

muffin1234
Newly Registered

Post by muffin1234 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Just FYI in case anyone follow this post.

My company has decided to continued their business and my work permit was granted a week ago Hurrah! :D

So now I'll be working with them but at the same time, will still keep my eyes on any interesting vacancies (of course if they sponsor me!)

Thanks for everyone in this forum. I'm glad I believe gurus and experts here, rather than my solicitor!

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:15 am

definitely looking forward to keep future secure ..as I had a same situation as yours...and better to ask good solicitor ...if i tell you my experience is I got really fantastic solicitor who help me a lot...as long as your solicitor should have sound knowledge of current immigration rules...

vc555

Post by vc555 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm

muffin1234 wrote:Just FYI in case anyone follow this post.

My company has decided to continued their business and my work permit was granted a week ago Hurrah! :D

So now I'll be working with them but at the same time, will still keep my eyes on any interesting vacancies (of course if they sponsor me!)

Thanks for everyone in this forum. I'm glad I believe gurus and experts here, rather than my solicitor!
Congrats, i know how the situation is ... any way good luck...