ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding policy changes after 13/12/2012

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolfoe
Newly Registered

regarding policy changes after 13/12/2012

Post by coolfoe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

I am currently preparing for 50k application. However, I am confused with the new policy after 13/12/2012.

In the newest policy guidance, it says that if the applicant with valid PSW visa wants to switch into Tier 1(E) with 50,000 business fund, he must

"(iv) are working in an occupation which appears on the list of occupations
skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in
the Codes of Practice in Appendix J of the Immigration Rules and the Codes of Practice for Tier 2 Sponsors published by the UK Border Agency, and you provide the specified evidence in paragraph 41-SD. “Working” in this context means that the core service your business provides to its customers or clients involves the business delivering a service in an occupation at this level. It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business."

Here, do anyone know how the "marketing" is excluded ? Does that mean the applicant can't do a job similar to marketing or sales manager or business development manager even though it appears on the list of occupations under the code 1132 which is at level 6?

Thank you in advance.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: regarding policy changes after 13/12/2012

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:52 pm

coolfoe wrote:I am currently preparing for 50k application. However, I am confused with the new policy after 13/12/2012.

In the newest policy guidance, it says that if the applicant with valid PSW visa wants to switch into Tier 1(E) with 50,000 business fund, he must

the Codes of Practice in Appendix J of the Immigration Rules and the Codes of Practice for Tier 2 Sponsors published by the UK Border Agency, and you provide the specified evidence in paragraph 41-SD. “Working” in this context means that the core service your business provides to its customers or clients involves the business delivering a service in an occupation at this level. It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business."

Here, do anyone know how the "marketing" is excluded ? Does that mean the applicant can't do a job similar to marketing or sales manager or business development manager even though it appears on the list of occupations under the code 1132 which is at level 6?

Thank you in advance.
"Marketing Business is not excluded but it excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business"

and there are 2 clear example given in the policy guidance one is about taxi business and second one is about the software development.

if you read it again thoroughly it will clear your doubts regarding marketing business.

hope it help

regards

Rehan

coolfoe
Newly Registered

Re: regarding policy changes after 13/12/2012

Post by coolfoe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

rehan01 wrote:
coolfoe wrote:I am currently preparing for 50k application. However, I am confused with the new policy after 13/12/2012.

Thank you in advance.
"Marketing Business is not excluded but it excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business"

and there are 2 clear example given in the policy guidance one is about taxi business and second one is about the software development.

if you read it again thoroughly it will clear your doubts regarding marketing business.

hope it help

regards

Rehan
Thank you Rehan. I still have doubts:
for example, I am the marketing and sales manager of my business, to promote and sale my products in the UK, I will contact potential buyers and attend business fairs, produce reports and prepare sales strategies, analyses customers’ reactions to product, packaging, price, etc .
Does this count as "administration, marketing for the business"?

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:13 pm

As long as i understand. If you are providing marketing service to your own business then it might be excluded but if your business is "Marketing" and you are providing marketing services to other businesses then it fine. Please do correct me if i am wrong.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:14 pm

moazzam7871 wrote:As long as i understand. If you are providing marketing service to your own business then it might be excluded but if your business is "Marketing" and you are providing marketing services to other businesses then it fine. Please do correct me if i am wrong.
Yes, that's probably the case.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:37 pm

moazzam7871 wrote:As long as i understand. If you are providing marketing service to your own business then it might be excluded but if your business is "Marketing" and you are providing marketing services to other businesses then it fine. Please do correct me if i am wrong.
Yes Moazzam7871 and sar78

you are both correct according to my understanding its same.

regards

Rehan