ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

aaarrrrgh no 2!!!!!!!! marriage certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranh

aaarrrrgh no 2!!!!!!!! marriage certificate

Post by imranh » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi Everyone

In our ILR application -I am going to provide my marriage certificate (in Urdu) and the attested English translation which was 1) created in Pakistan when we got married 2) used for our settlement visa application.

I was advised when my wife arrived in the UK that we did not need to register our marriage in the UK and the marriage certificate we had was sufficient for the ILR application!!!

Please can someone confirm if this is still true?? (as I have been told something different recently which has stressed me out and our ILR appointment is only next week :( !!!!!!!!!! )

Many Thanks
Kind Regards

maxdemon76
Newly Registered

Post by maxdemon76 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm

I just got ILR with my civil partner using a foreign civil partner certificate. If the UK recognizes it as legal, it's fine and you don't need to register your marriage in the UK.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 pm

maxdemon76 wrote:I just got ILR with my civil partner using a foreign civil partner certificate. If the UK recognizes it as legal, it's fine and you don't need to register your marriage in the UK.
thanks for your reply much appreciated.

i can sleep peacefully at night now !!!!!