ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Renewal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

from_india

HSMP Renewal

Post by from_india » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi All,

Let's say I am in UK on HSMP for two years, and now is the time to renew my HSMP.

1. I can apply and get the HSMP approval from within UK. Right?
2. Can I obtain the EC (visa) from within UK or do I have to return to India to obtain the visa. I am an Indian.

Thanks for reading my question and for the possible replies!

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:23 pm

What is your current Visa status?

from_india

Post by from_india » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:28 pm

Hi JK,

Thanks for your query. Right now I have obtained the HSMP approval but havent got the EC yet. I have an offer in hand and in the process of taking a decision whether to come to UK or not. In that process, I have to consider whether I will have to come back to India every time I need to renew my HSMP status. Thats why the question! Makes sense?! What you say? Thanks for your interest agains!!

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:35 pm

HSMP renewals do not require you to go back to India. Renewals can be applied within UK.

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:11 pm

Jk2007 wrote:HSMP renewals do not require you to go back to India. Renewals can be applied within UK.
Very rightly said, No need for going back to native country for getting EC extension. Your passport will go along with your extension application and will come back stamped with FLR.