ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

ILR success - solihull

Post by rshelar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:04 am

I got my ILR approved in Solihull last week. Thanks to all the member who helped me and answered my queries.

Details - WP (1 year) + Tier 1 Gen (4 years).

Documents provided -

SET (O) form
Passports
BRP
12 months bank statements
12 month pay slip
Cover letter
Employer letter (was asked not voluntary provided)

Provided photocopies of above.

Also, I had carried lots of other documents with me - not with the intention of submitting but in case if I was asked anything. However this was not required. I took them in a separate folder. Some of them like P60, tenancy agreement, WP letter etc.

The case worker said she was impressed with my organisation.

Had also taken letter from previous employer when I was on WP detailing all the leaves but this was not asked for by the case worker.

I went in the PEO at 9:30 and left the building at 12 pm.

The whole process was very smooth and I preferred it over Croydon where I had been for my extension earlier.

I had been in permanent employment.

Process at solihull -

Get token number
Go to case worker
Make payment
go for biometrics
collect documents
< asked to come back later>

collect approval letter and go home.

For me the step in green was not done as I was the only person that day who was asked to go home and given letter immediately after the biometrics. Everyone else was being asked to come back in an hour or two hrs.

Tips
1. Dont go more than 30 mins before your appointment. You wont be allowed in.
2. There was a stupid couple who had got a big red suitcases with all the documents. The kind you take on flights and a really big bag. They were looking like idiots and were causing trouble to everyone else. Please dont behave like such idiots and take a small back pack or a bag with documents.
3. Keep documents that you will submit seperate from the documents you are carrying as additional evidence.

Good luck to everyone and happy to answer any questions.
Last edited by rshelar on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:08 am

Congratulations -
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 pm

CONGRATULATIONS rshelar. Thank YOU FOR SHARING FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE.

JUST CLARIFY ONE THING FOR ME.

1. DOCUMENTS LISTED IN THE SET O FORM BY YOU DOCUMENTS PROVIDED BY YOU TO CW /PHOTOCOPIES OF DOCUMENTS THEY ALL SAME. IS THAT RIGHT??

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Kevin,

Yes, however for passport the caseworker requested only the front page and nothing else. She said that she doesnt need all the pages.

I had copies of all the stamps.

Also no photocopy for the SET (O) form...

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm

THANK YOU rshelar.

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE.

patt

Post by patt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Rshelar,

When do you get your biometric card?

I have been waiting for 3 days. Still nothing in letter box.

Thank
Patt

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:09 pm

I got it on the 4th day...even I was worried after three days.

patt

Post by patt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh right. Thank you Rshelar.
Tomorrow will be my 4th day.
Waiting for BIometric card is killing me.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:15 pm

patt wrote:Oh right. Thank you Rshelar.
Tomorrow will be my 4th day.
Waiting for BIometric card is killing me.
Worth checking with 01604 496 798 (theDX.co.uk) if they have it.

Also, sometimes you need to give it 7 WORKING days...

patt

Post by patt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Thank you very much wpilr_nov2012

FOR_ILR

Re: ILR success - solihull

Post by FOR_ILR » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Rshelar,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.

I have my appointment by first week of Feb at Solihull.

In my case I'm 6 months in WP and 4.5 years in Tier1 G.

You have mentioned that CW had asked for Employer letter, what is the format of this letter? is this the letter that they had given for WP approval or a different one?

Thanks,
S

[quote="rshelar"]I got my ILR approved in Solihull last week. Thanks to all the member who helped me and answered my queries.

Details - WP (1 year) + Tier 1 Gen (4 years).

[b]Documents provided [/b]-

SET (O) form
Passports
BRP
12 months bank statements
12 month pay slip
Cover letter
Employer letter (was asked not voluntary provided)

Provided photocopies of above.

Also, I had carried lots of other documents with me - not with the intention of submitting but in case if I was asked anything. However this was not required. I took them in a separate folder. Some of them like P60, tenancy agreement, WP letter etc.

Had also taken letter from previous employer when I was on WP detailing all the leaves but this was not asked for by the case worker.

I went in the PEO at 9:30 and left the building at 12 pm.

The whole process was very smooth and I preferred it over Croydon where I had been for my extension earlier.

I had been in permanent employment.

[b]Process at solihull [/b]-

Get token number
Go to case worker
Make payment
go for biometrics
collect documents
[color=green]< asked to come back later>[/color]

collect approval letter and go home.

For me the step in [color=green]green [/color]was not done as I was the only person that day who was asked to go home and given letter immediately after the biometrics. Everyone else was being asked to come back in an hour or two hrs.

[b]Tips[/b]
1. Dont go more than 30 mins before your appointment. You wont be allowed in.
2. There was a stupid couple who had got a big red suitcases with all the documents. The kind you take on flights and a really big bag. They were looking like idiots and were causing trouble to everyone else. Please dont behave like such idiots and take a small back pack or a bag with documents.
3. Keep documents that you will submit seperate from the documents you are carrying as additional evidence.

Good luck to everyone and happy to answer any questions.[/quote]

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 pm

FOR_ILR wrote:Hi Rshelar,

I have my appointment by first week of Feb at Solihull.

In my case I'm 6 months in WP and 4.5 years in Tier1 G.

You have mentioned that CW had asked for Employer letter, what is the format of this letter? is this the letter that they had given for WP approval or a different one?

Thanks,
S
rshelar wrote:Documents provided -
Employer letter (was asked not voluntary provided - I am guessing this was the other way round)

SU2012
- thin ice -

Post by SU2012 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Rshelar,

Congratulations !!! I have a PEO appointment in Solihull on 12-Feb. Please can you clarify what is the Employer letter that you provided. My case is similar to yours (1 Yr WP + 4 Yrs Tier 1 General). I dont intend to provide any letter from Employer (cant get one basically).

My absences are all under 180 days in each of the 5 years and not a single absence more than 90 days. (Total No of absences in 5 yrs - 187)

I was intending to provide the same set of documents you mentioned except the employer letter.

Please can you also mention about your absences in the last 5 years. Did caseworker mention/enquire anything while seeing absences section of your form.

Many Thanks

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:19 pm

To answer on the employer letter -

I carried with me employer letter from current employer which explained that I am permement employee, salary, etc and that my holidays are paid.

Also took a letter from previous employer with whom I was on WP having details of all holidays and that they were paid.

Case worker explicitly asked if I have employer letter. I said yes and only submitted the current employer letter.

None of the employer letter was submitted by me originally with the first set of document I gave to her.

Middo79
Newly Registered

Evidence for holiday absence

Post by Middo79 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi - I am making myself anxious worrying about the new requirements for evidence of absences.

Briefly, my background:
Work permit Dec 05 to Jan 08, Tier 1 (General) since.
ILR PEO application next Friday, Jan 25.

I have multiple absences, ie holidays, since Dec 05, between 24 hours and five weeks long. All of these were holiday.

I work as a freelancer and considered a casual employee by my company, although I work hours deemed to be full-time (often more!). I am on their payroll as a PAYE employee, so technically the leave was unpaid, but I was not 'unemployed' during these times.

What sort of evidence am I supposed to provide for holidays? My employer isn't prepared to provide a letter detailing my holidays as they don't keep records of this and I am not required to submit written requests for leave, I just make myself 'unavailable' to work.

Anyone who has been through this process can you please advise on evidence you submitted to detail your holiday absences?

Thanks

FOR_ILR

Post by FOR_ILR » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Just to clarify, are you in a permanent employment on Tier1 G?

[quote="rshelar"]To answer on the employer letter -

I carried with me employer letter from current employer which explained that I am permement employee, salary, etc and that my holidays are paid.

Also took a letter from previous employer with whom I was on WP having details of all holidays and that they were paid.

Case worker explicitly asked if I have employer letter. I said yes and only submitted the current employer letter.

None of the employer letter was submitted by me originally with the first set of document I gave to her.[/quote]

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Reshlar Congratulation and enjoy your ILR....

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:53 pm

[quote="rshelar"]

1-The case worker said she was impressed with my organisation.

2-The whole process was very smooth and I preferred it over Croydon where I had been for my extension earlier.

1- please advise on how did you organise and filing your documents.
2- Why do you prefer Solihul over Croydon? further details please!
Thanks in advance

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks.

I am in permanent employment.

The case worker said that by the way I had arranged all documents separately, looking at the cover letter and highlighting the salary in bank statements.

I found it took more time in Croydon...I was ready to go in 2 hours and people seemed more friendly too.

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....