ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help to check the letter from my university.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chihhungkao
Newly Registered

Please help to check the letter from my university.

Post by chihhungkao » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:22 am

I am claiming UK experience and English requirement.

From the HSMP guidance, it indicates that in order to claim points for UK experience, I have to provide a letter from the UK institution stating that: 1. I achieved a qualification at UK degree level or above.
2. The degree involved study for at least one full academic year or thee continuous terms making up one full year.
3. This was during the previous "FIVE" year.

It will be grateful if someone can comment on whether evidences provided by the letter are sufficient or not in order to claim points for UK experience and English requirement.

The letter said:

28 Novermber 2006

TO WHOME IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that

"My name" - d.o.b. 24 March 1981

was a registered undergraduate student at UMIST, now known as The University of Manchester, from September 1999 to March 2004 in the Department of Electrical Engineering & Electronics. Firstly he attended the 3 year course in Electrical & Electronic Engineering leading to the award of Bachelor of Engineering (BEng).

He successfully completed the requirements of the course and graduated with the degree of BEng, second class Honours, in the 1 July 2002.

He then registered as a postgraduate student from September 2002 to March 2004 and pursued the course in Electronic Instrumentation System leading to the award of Master of Science (MSc)

He successfully completed the requirements of the course and graduated with the degree of MSc on the 10 June 2004.

I can confirm that both of the degree courses were taught in English and were at UK degree level.

"Signed by Academic system"

Tel: xxxxxxxxx
Fax:xxxxxxxxx

Email:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The letter was on headed letter, stamped and signed.

It didnt indicate the degree was study in the previouse 5 years but it indicated it was between 1999 and march 2004. Will it be enough?

Please comment whether the info provided by this letter are good enough to claim UK expereince and English requiremnt.

Thank you.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:02 am

Hi,

The Letter should be fine as long as it states that the degree was taught in English. I still dont understand why HO will need confirmation from a UK university as if most degrees are not taught in English in the UK.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:13 pm

Looks pretty fine :lol:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

chihhungkao
Newly Registered

Post by chihhungkao » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:11 am

Thanks for checking it!