ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UGENT: Invalid ILR application SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MY
Newly Registered

UGENT: Invalid ILR application SET(M)

Post by MY » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Dear All,
Sorry I may have posted in the wrong place earlier,but please help me out with this.
I made on the 5th December,2012 an application(SET M) to the Home Office for an Indefinite Leave to Remain as the spouse of a British citizen.
The Home Office has sent back my application form only(but retained all other supporting documents).The enclosed a letter saying that I have not signed Section 6 of the application(Declaration on the Biometric) and asking me to sign and send it back with an envelope they provided.However,the cover letter states that invalid applicants that wish to try again should have to return application forms with appropriate fee.

Question:

Do I have to pay a new fee again or it is just that I have to sign the application(they highlighted where the signature is missing) and send it back in the envelope they provided?
Last edited by MY on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:44 pm

My feeling is that you should just sign and send it back.

Sorry can only comment more if I had seen the documents received by you.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

As UKBA letter said just sign and return in envelop provided. Good luck

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Also include a copy of the letter you are talking about in the pack. That works as a pretty good reference point.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

MY
Newly Registered

Post by MY » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 am

Thank you all,I will send it today.

MY
Newly Registered

Post by MY » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:32 am

MY wrote:Thank you all,I will send it today.
Dear All,
Thank you all.My ILR finally arrived last week.
All the best