ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish EU 1 app - supporting docs

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bloody-Fox

Irish EU 1 app - supporting docs

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi there,

I got a question regarding the supporting documents for a EU1 (non-EEA national who is the family member of an EU citizen).

I am european and I used to live with my Brazilian wife in the UK in 2010 under EU treaty rights, then we went to Spain where we still live at the moment and the next and final station for a while is going to be Dublin.

I am wondering if we really need to submit all the documents asked for in section 4 of the application form:

If the EU citizen is in employment, the following documents should be provided:

Current letter from employer setting out terms and conditions of employment and full contact details for employer AND/OR signed contract of employment

Two recent payslips

Most recent P60 or Tax Credit Certificate

If renting:

Letter from landlord/agency, rental contract or rent book

Letters of Registration of Tenancy from the Private Residential Tenancies Board

Utility bills for applicant and EU citizen

I mean we obviously have the marriage certificate and as I already got a job lined up there, I will have evidence of my employment. When we move in somewhere, we will have a tenancy agreement rather soon.

But to accumulate i.e. two payslips I would usually have to work for 2 months, a P60 is only issued in the end of the year and ulility bills also take some time to arrive...

I remember that when we applied for the visa in the UK, it doesn't matter how many docs you submit, as long as the immigration officer is satisfied...

Anyone with experience in this field? Our money is short and we can't wait 3 months to apply for her residence, in which she won't be able to work..

Thanks in advance

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 pm

If the EU citizen is in employment, the following documents should be provided:
Current letter from employer setting out terms and conditions of employment and full contact details for employer AND/OR signed contract of employment
Two recent payslips
Most recent P60 or Tax Credit Certificate
If renting:
Letter from landlord/agency, rental contract or rent book
Letters of Registration of Tenancy from the Private Residential Tenancies Board
Utility bills for applicant and EU citizen
I would say you have to submit all or at least most of them. However, you do not have to submit all the documents at once. submit the ones that you have, and later send the remaining ones. The application will take 6 months to process, so you will have plenty of time to submit the required documents.
If you, the EU citizen, start employment you will have your contract and letter from employer staright away. If you are paid weekly, it will take you two weeks to get your 2 payslips.
Since you will be new and will not have your P60. You have to register your employment with Revenue, and you will be issued a tax credit certificate that you submit with the application.
In relation to renting, submit your tenancy agreement and a letter from the landlord to start with. Then later submit PRTB letters and utility bills or bank statements.
Also you don't have to wait 3 months before applying. Your spouse can submit EU1 application as soon as the EU citizen starts employment and has most of the documents.

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks a lot!

I never had the idea to just submit some of the documents later.. But if that's possible without problems, we're good.

Also I was told by my future HR that those kind of residence cards are usually issued within 2 to 3 months, unlike in the UK where it usually takes the full 6 months... Reading the reports on here, I know what to expect instead...

So as soon as I will start working we can submit the application, the documents including passports shall be returned within 1 month and from that point on my wife will be able to work until the final decision is made.. Is that more or less correct?

Thanks again

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 pm

it's pretty much correct.
your wife will be issued with a temporary stamp 4 for 6 months allowing her to work.

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Cheers, that's all I need to know for now! 8)

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:09 pm

So we are lot closer now.. We will leave Spain on the 31st of August, arrive in Rosslare on the 5th of September and I'm going to start my new job on the 16th of September..

I had a closer look at the EU1 application form and have some doubts:

1 - Do they really only need the originals of the supporting docs? Usually we were asked for originals PLUS copies for all our previous EU applications..

2 - They are asking for the applicant's PPS number on the form.. It was my understanding that you can get the PPS number only when you got a job, no?

Thanks

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm also wondering if we require an apostille, as our marriage certificate and it's translation are from Brazil...

I remember that we didn't need the apostille for the uk application, whereas in Spain we did need it..

How about Ireland?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:37 pm

There is some information here:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Sh ... ily_member
Marriage Certificate (where applicable) - evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant's country of origin/residence

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:43 pm

evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant's country of origin/residence
Well, the marriage certificate is from the country of origin of the applicant anyways...

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:36 pm

You do not need a job to get a PPS number. Newborn infants get these numbers, as do spouses living abroad so that the spouse working in Ireland can utilise tax and social welfare benefits of being married.

You need to go to the nearest social welfare office that can give a pps number (some of the smaller offices can not do this work).

You need to take the required documents for both the Eu and the non-EU spouse. These include passport, birth cert, marriage cert (as proof of identity) and proof of address. The simplest way to get proof of address (if you do not have a utility bill) is to have some interaction with a state office that replies in writing and use their letter to you as proof of address. Any letter to your address is considered proof of address, so for example you look for a job in X company and they write back and this letter is proof of address.

If is also useful if you bring proof of the national insurance number in the country you have worked in before coming to Ireland, such as the NI national insurance number for Britain or PESEL insurance number for Poland...
BL

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:You do not need a job to get a PPS number. Newborn infants get these numbers, as do spouses living abroad so that the spouse working in Ireland can utilise tax and social welfare benefits of being married.

You need to go to the nearest social welfare office that can give a pps number (some of the smaller offices can not do this work).

You need to take the required documents for both the Eu and the non-EU spouse. These include passport, birth cert, marriage cert (as proof of identity) and proof of address. The simplest way to get proof of address (if you do not have a utility bill) is to have some interaction with a state office that replies in writing and use their letter to you as proof of address. Any letter to your address is considered proof of address, so for example you look for a job in X company and they write back and this letter is proof of address.

If is also useful if you bring proof of the national insurance number in the country you have worked in before coming to Ireland, such as the NI national insurance number for Britain or PESEL insurance number for Poland...
Thanks Brigid :D

irish heart
Newly Registered

Post by irish heart » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi there,

your posts have really helped me and I wanted to say thank you!

Just a quick question, does the marriage certificate that you submit need to be a full (unabridged) marriage certificate or will the original be sufficient?

Thanks! :D