ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

supporting documents and details of parents forn BC appln

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudhar
Newly Registered

supporting documents and details of parents forn BC appln

Post by sudhar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi,

I'm preparing my BC application and have the following supporting documents
1. evidence of identity: passport
2. evidence of knowledge of English language: Life in the UK pass certificate
3. evidence of lawful residence: passport with all the visas and ILR I've had in the past 6 1/2 years except one for a Tier-2 extension for which I got a BRP and not passport vignette so I'll supply the UKBA's letter confirming this visa
4. evidence from immigration restrictions: passport with ILR

I've given details of my employment and my partner as well in the appln.

From what I can tell this is pretty much what I deem is necessary as supporting ducuments for my application. As it seems so straightforward and simple to me, I just wanted to know if there may be other other supporting documents that need to be supplied for example, my employment contract, council tax bills, marriage certificate (my wife is Indian) etc. Last minute application jitters I suppose!

Parents' details:
For 1.24 and 1.28, I have not been able to find the birth towns and cities of my parents! would it be ok if I just say "Tamilnadu, India" for those two fields please? I believe with this section they are just looking to find if you may already be a British citizen or would they be looking to actually verify my parents details in India!

Many thanks in advance for our help.

Sudhar.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 pm

you also need to submit marriage certificate if you are applying along with your wife and paying a joint application fee.

parents details are fine. these are required to check if the applicant is already british (through parent's).

other documents are not required

also see similar posts

sudhar
Newly Registered

Post by sudhar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks for the quick reply :)