ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting online application for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saw87
Newly Registered

Submitting online application for spouse visa

Post by saw87 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Dear members,

My partner and I are getting married on 25th January. I was advised to submit our application online ASAP in order that we could ensure getting an appointment at the visa centre to submit our supporting documents soon after the wedding. I therefore submitted the online application and paid the fee on 16th January and booked an appointment for 29th Jan.

The problem is I've since read on the UKBA site that they consider the application date the date it was submitted online and fee paid so in theory we are not husband and wife when we made our application. Although we will be by the time we have our appointment to submit our marriage certificate etc.

Please can someone confirm if this is OK? I just don't want to do anything that could could our visa at risk. I really hope I'm stressing over nothing...

Many thanks!