ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appication question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pix07
Newly Registered

appication question

Post by pix07 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 pm

can i use whitener to correct the applicaton form which i am filling as by mistake wrong year filled.

please reply

thanks

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: appication question

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:13 am

pix07 wrote:can i use whitener to correct the applicaton form which i am filling as by mistake wrong year filled.

please reply

thanks
I'm not sure if you are talking about Naturalisation or British passport application. However, I know for a fact that you are not allowed to use whitener for the passport application. Also, for naturalisation I would re-print the sheet that's got a mistake on.

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Re: appication question

Post by aledeniz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 am

pix07 wrote:can i use whitener to correct the application form which i am filling as by mistake wrong year filled.
About the passport application, the check and send service refused that because I did write a few characters out of the allotted boxes in the other information section, and because I did strike out a section I didn't need to fill. I had to ask the countersignatory to countersign the application again. I very much doubt they would have accepted it with traces of whitener usage. You more or less have to hand in that form spotless.

Also, at pag. 1 in the Applying for a passport guide you may read:
I’ve made a mistake on the form, what should I do?
Cross out any mistakes. Do not use correction fluid. If you make more than three mistakes on any line or do not provide a clear signature in section 9, you will need to fill in a new form.
For the form AN, if you make a mistake on any page, you may just well re-print and re-fill more carefully just that page.