ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother and Mother-in-law UK visit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anupvijay

Mother and Mother-in-law UK visit

Post by anupvijay » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:39 am

Hello friends,

I am on a WP in the UK for the past 2.5 yrs and live with my wife who is also working.

We would like our mothers to visit UK in spring/summer, for a period of one month or so. During this period we want them to see the new house we bought and generally show around the UK.

My question is realted to proof of funds. As far as my funds in Uk are concerned I have enough evidence to show.
Both our mothers are house wives.
My mother has her own account with some savings to show.
My mother-in-law has a joint account with my father-in-law. Would the embassy accept a joint account as evidence enough for proof of funds?
If not then the funds will have to be transferred to an account of her own, which, if done, I am not sure how they will see the sudden inflow of funds into the account.....

On reason for coming back to india, I hope leaving behind their husbands would be seen as a reason good enough :o)

Please post you opinions/experiences

Thanks,
AV

anupvijay

Please...

Post by anupvijay » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:45 am

Could anyone provide some comforting comments :-p

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:17 am

You should not say that you are bringing them to show your new house etc etc. Just mention it as a family visit. Also you may have to show enough proof (to convince visa officer) that they will go back to home country.

PB

Post by PB » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:29 pm

I think getting a Visitor visa to UK is relatively straightforward. Just need to ensure that all documentation is in order. It is useful to have sufficient funds in whatever accounts your mother/mother-in-law holds. But you should also send a letter stating that 'All expenses during their trip here would be borne by you'.

Regards,
PB

anupvijay

Post by anupvijay » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:57 pm

Thanks to all those replied.....

Eventually we got the visa :-))

I provided a sponsor letter on behalf of me and my wife (funds available with us were distributed among both of our accounts...)

I did mention that we bought a house and one of the purpose of the visit was to let them see the house....and the others being visiting and seeing the UK in general.....

My mother in law showed proof of funds in a joint account....also fixed deposits were shown....

I have no idea what worked...but we got the visa :-) and are very happy....

Thanks again to all of you...
Cheers.

mansawant

Post by mansawant » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:36 pm

hi,

Congrqadulations. Which office in India ur mother and monther in law applied for Entry Clearance?

Regds,
Mansawant

anupvijay

Post by anupvijay » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi there,
Sorry for the delayed response.

We applied at VFS, Delhi. Hope that helps.

Cheers.