ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PRO appointment cancelled

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1peohelp
Newly Registered

PRO appointment cancelled

Post by tier1peohelp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 am

I just received an email from ULNA saying my appointment for Thursday has been canceled. I paid the fees and need to travel soon - I cannot afford to send my application by post. My visa expires on Friday!! What should I do?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am

You mean UKBA? And PEO appointment?

What do you mean when you say that you paid the fees? Did you use one of the booking services or did you book it yourself? Usually when booking it yourself, you do not have to pay upfront.

Suggest you send an email to ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or call them on 08706067766.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

tier1peohelp
Newly Registered

Post by tier1peohelp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks. Yes I meant PEO.

I spoke to a lady who said that it appears on their system that I did not make my own booking and that I am not supposed to give my details to someone else and they are aware that people are selling appointments which are against the rules. I didn't know this.

She couldn't help me and said I should book it myself or send app by post.

How do they find out? The guy who helped me offered to rebook - is it worth trying? I really need an appointment urgently! Should I go through solicitors?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 pm

That's interesting, so it may be they are now checking the login profile of the person making the booking and the applicant details (they may have become suspicious if they saw several applicant appointments had been booked using a single login profile)? If not may be they tried contacting you on the number provided and weren't able to.

You should be aware that it is against the rules to sell PEO appointments which is stated clearly on the UKBA website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/). See below for another instance which is different, but where an applicant had made two bookings and the UKBA had cancelled them because of this. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123740

Who actually booked your original appointment? Did you pay for booking the appointment? Have you tried searching for and booking an appointment yourself? Solicitors or Approved OSIC registered Agents are allowed to book appointments for their clients.

See also: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123046

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:47 pm

People have already been warned on the forum about using dodgy agents and paying fees for their services in order to secure PEO appointments. It seems the authorities have finally started to address it.

Kind Regards

zabiela

Post by zabiela » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Too little & too late. They should have cracked down earlier and harder so that genuine applicants dont suffer. Its still a mess and a lot need to be done to filter the junk out

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Its about time these dodgy agents (Sameday & Co) got put out of business for good.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!