ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mumbai Uni Medium Of Instruction

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

protoflux
Newly Registered

Mumbai Uni Medium Of Instruction

Post by protoflux » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:07 am

Hi,

Is there anyone from Mumbai University here who can tell me how to contact them for the letter stating that the course was conducted in English?

I am currently in the UK and have completed 2 Bachelor level courses from Mumbai University. Will I have to get 2 letters from the university stating that the courses have been in English?

Most importantly can someone provide me the department name address and tel. no and the procedure for contacting the university to get the required letter.

Many Thanks,

miki

Lengthy process

Post by miki » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:44 pm

First take the letter from your college about english medium and than submit that letter to mumbai univ. in examination hall center.

You need to fill up 2 forms in mumbai uni.
One to get english medium and one for degree name and date etc.

I have submitted the forms, now waiting for final letters. Form cost is 110 Rs (Each).

It takes 3 weeks.

protoflux
Newly Registered

Re: Mumbai Uni...

Post by protoflux » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:43 am

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply. Actually I am in the UK right now so what I need is the actual department and the procedure for it. I am unable to get through to Mumbai University via phone and dont know where to submit the forms.

Also what documents are needed and do they have to be originals.

Please can you tell me
1. The department and address/tel no if you have it.
2. Documents required and whether you are applying from India or abroad.
3. Is it possible to apply from abroad for this or does someone have to be there to do so.

Regards,

miki

Updates

Post by miki » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:11 pm

Documents required :
1) Xerox copy of Degree certificate
2) Letter from your college

Somebody should go to mumbai univ. and fillup the 2 forms on your behalf. Signature is not required.

Require convocation no. and seat no which is mentioned on degree certificate and final marksheet.

Most imp. is first to get letter from your college.

Ask from your family/frnds to help in this.

I was in India for 3 weeks and did it myself.

Through phone you can't do anything.

protoflux
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by protoflux » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:55 am

Miki,

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that one would have to do things personally.

Regards

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:34 am

Miki,

Thanks for your reply. Would you please share what is the format of the letter you've got from the University.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

miki

Post by miki » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:53 am

Still waiting for my letter. As most of the time I have spent to get letter from my college. Submitted on last Friday. Will share exact format once I get it. Mostly by 10-15th Jan.

ukboy1976
Newly Registered

Post by ukboy1976 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:52 pm

hi,
i have done Bcs from a college in mumbai and Msc from mumbai university. Will a letter from my college be enough for engish language or i have to approach the mumbai university mate.

Thanks

miki

Post by miki » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:50 pm

ukboy1976,

you need university letter for HSMP. But to get letter from mumbai university you need letter from college.

Hope it clears your doubt.

vimg07

Re: Lengthy process

Post by vimg07 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:16 pm

Hello Miki,

Every time i call up mumbai university i get a different reply, first time i called up they told me you get letter from your college and after that you come to us we will give you endorsement.

Second time when i called them they say , they don't give any endorsement they say college letter is more than enough as it is affiliated to mumbai university..

Can you please guide me on how to get letter from mumbai university.
It will be really good if you can recollect the name of 2 forms you filled in at examination hall.

whom did you approached in examination hall.

I will be thankful to you if you can guide me on this

Many Thanks
Vimg

miki

Post by miki » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm

vimg07,

I don't understand why you called them and ask about these things. I hope U really passed from Mumbai university and still remember the working style... :lol: ..kidding

Finally, my letters are on the way to me. It got collected and couriered to me. Got it in 20 days.

Will share exact format once I recv. it.

Form names ? ..Really,I don't remember..

Ask at Window 3 and 4 about the forms, that you need one form for Medium of instruction was in english and one that you passed from this college, year and other stuffs.

As they don't mention all the information in one letter. We can't change the procedure.

Let's try luck at HO with these letters.

sgodhagodha
Newly Registered

Post by sgodhagodha » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Hello,

Can you please tell me which form (is there any name or number) need to ask at Window Number 3 or 4 in Mumbai Uni.....as my family member is going to bring it for me....and reg letter from college is it ok if i will fax it to my family as i have the original letter from my college....and Degree Certificate as well...i mean do they accept the fax copy or do they need original College letter and Degree Certificate.

Please advise
Thanks

miki

Post by miki » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 pm

sgodhagodha ,

Degree certificate - Xerox / Fax.

Letter from college - Original / but can try with Fax...Ask them if they accept it.. I have submitted original.

Ask at Window 3 and 4 about the forms, that you need one form for Medium of instruction was in english and one that you passed from this college, year and other stuffs...I think this is enough to ask at windows.

I don't remember any name / number.. I have asked this and got it forms.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:51 am

Miki, Did you get your letter from the university. Would you mind sharing the format of the same.

Thanks.

sgodhagodha
Newly Registered

Post by sgodhagodha » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:20 pm

miki wrote:sgodhagodha ,

Degree certificate - Xerox / Fax.

Letter from college - Original / but can try with Fax...Ask them if they accept it.. I have submitted original.

Ask at Window 3 and 4 about the forms, that you need one form for Medium of instruction was in english and one that you passed from this college, year and other stuffs...I think this is enough to ask at windows.

I don't remember any name / number.. I have asked this and got it forms.
Thanks Miki,

Your information is really helpful, they have accepted the Fax copy of Degree Certificate as well as College letter as i have the original letter in UK.
Thanks Again

miki

Post by miki » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:09 pm

Wow..that's good.Really very helpul.

Today, I have recv. my certificates. All the best to everybody.

Normally it 2-3 weeks.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:52 am

miki wrote:Wow..that's good.Really very helpul.

Today, I have recv. my certificates. All the best to everybody.

Normally it 2-3 weeks.
Miki, sorry to ask you again... But would you mind sharing the format of the same.

miki

Post by miki » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:08 pm

Format

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

LOGO with address and certificate no.....

Special certificate

I certify that Shri Surname FirstName LAstName passed the bachelor of engineering(B.E.) (BranchName Engg.) degree examination held by this University in Month, Year in the xxx CLass.

I further certify that the medium of instructions at the said course was English.

Mumbai,

Date For O.S.D. & Controller of examinations with Sign..

:::::::::::::::::::::::
Earlier, I have asked you to fill up 2 forms but I think this format is perfect for HSMP...so no need for other certificate..

So just ask for one form....this is enough. I have been misguided at the examination hall for the format of this letter.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:55 pm

Thank Miki, much apprecaited.

I think it should be a good acceptable format for HSMP.

vimg07

Letter from mumbai university

Post by vimg07 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks Miki

Today i got my letter from mumbai university, it is on mumbai university's letter head but it does not have stamp of university on it...
however it has sign of the controller .. is this ok...

miki wrote:vimg07,

I don't understand why you called them and ask about these things. I hope U really passed from Mumbai university and still remember the working style... :lol: ..kidding

Finally, my letters are on the way to me. It got collected and couriered to me. Got it in 20 days.

Will share exact format once I recv. it.

Form names ? ..Really,I don't remember..

Ask at Window 3 and 4 about the forms, that you need one form for Medium of instruction was in english and one that you passed from this college, year and other stuffs.

As they don't mention all the information in one letter. We can't change the procedure.

Let's try luck at HO with these letters.

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:56 am

Has anyone got HSMP approval with the above mentioned University of Mumbai English Langauage Requirement letter?

We do not know if the same works at Home Office.

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:52 am

Does the letter from Mumbai University issued in a standard format? Can it be customized to include the words "Conferred" / "Awarded" / "Granted" as per HSMP guidance?

Applicants with HSMP approval - please advise

newavenues
Newly Registered

Post by newavenues » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:44 am

Hi,

I have recieved HSMP approval. I had got english language certificate from my college. Since college letter head has the university name that will work.