ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for Naturalisation without NI number

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cashy
Newly Registered

applying for Naturalisation without NI number

Post by Cashy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 pm

hi
wife of my friend who is British citizen have never worked in UK since been here for last three years and has not got NI number. Would it be problem when applying for naturalisation using form AN.

thanks

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: applying for Naturalisation without NI number

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Cashy wrote:hi
wife of my friend who is British citizen have never worked in UK since been here for last three years and has not got NI number. Would it be problem when applying for naturalisation using form AN.

thanks
I'm assuming you want to use her as a referee? In that case, you will need to find the second referee with a professional standing either British or non-British and who meets the standard requirements.

Cashy
Newly Registered

Post by Cashy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:39 am

I'm assuming you want to use her as a referee? In that case, you will need to find the second referee with a professional standing either British or non-British and who meets the standard requirements.
No, lady without NI number wants to apply for naturalisation after being married to British citizen & being in UK for three years. As there is column in Form AN for NI number.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 am

That should be fine, in other words you are saying she is a homemaker. saying thsi wouldnt have caused confusion in the first place
Cashy wrote:
No, lady without NI number wants to apply for naturalisation after being married to British citizen & being in UK for three years. As there is column in Form AN for NI number.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Cashy wrote:
Employment is not the criteria for Naturalisation. Shouldn't be a problem for her.