ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor visa for sister in law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thecontractor
Newly Registered

General visitor visa for sister in law

Post by Thecontractor » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi, I am in Tier 1 General visa. My wife has Tier 1 General dependant visa. My sister in law is planning to come to UK to spend time with us before her marriage. She left her job and currently unemployed. Is there any possibility for her to get the general visitor visa?

I will be sponsoring her ticket and all her expenses in UK.

She has around 2 lakh rupees in her bank account and jewels worth 20 lakh rupees. can this be shown to UKBA to prove her financial stability?

She lives with her parents and her father takes care of her in INDIA.

Your comments are welcome.

Thanks.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:21 am

These visits are not rare, so your sister in law should not have any complication with her visa application.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 am

Hi,

Now that your sister in law is unemployed, she will need to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that she has strong ties to her home country or else there is a risk that the visa will be refused.

Kind Regards