ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some advice on SET(O) Section 9

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suis

Need some advice on SET(O) Section 9

Post by suis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 am

Hi all,
here are my visa issued dates

HSMP - FEB/2008
- FEB/2010

TIER 1 - FEB/2010
- FEB/2013

My Present salary is : 34 K , and i moved to this new job by last year October , before that i was on 27K,

i have some questions on my SET(O) application form, could someone leave some feedback on bellow points

1 . Section 9.A5 hope i need to specify my current salary in here ?

2. Section 9.A6 this is this the earnings i claimed for Tier1 ? or my current salary ?

3. Section 9.A7 i can see two earning sections to be considered, looking at this for me it's going to be first section, because i got the tier1 visa by FEB/2010 ,, but my question is do they need to know my current salary range or the salary i got by FEB/2010 ? i am confuse here.

could someone help on my issues
thanks
regards
suis

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 am

HI,

I am in the similar situation as you and as per the questions you have asked;

9.A5 - That is the salary for the period yuo are claiming for. If you read that bit carefully it says 'A5. You should complete the following table giving details of previous earnings being claimed. If
earnings originated from more than one source, each source should be entered separately'

A.6: THis is the salary you are claiming points for aswell.SO pretty much the total you get or A.5

A7: you tick the box that is relevant for the salary you are claiming for.This rnage should match the salary you put down in A5 and A6.

This is my understadning for the above but wait for any senor member and Gurus to reply aswell

MP

Note
Disclaimer: Please note this is my understanding only.I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion

suis

Post by suis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 am

Hi MP1982,
thanks for u r quick reply,
so according to your understanding all these sections 9 .A5,A6,A7 talks about my current salary ? not the one i had on HSMP Or Tier1 ?

thanks
regards
suis

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am

According to my understading it is not your current salary it is the salary you are claiming for.

As an exxample :You are claiming earnings from Jan 2012-Dec 2012. Consider you were earning 27K per annum up to June 2012 and then from July your salary increased to 35K per annum. So in claiming points for earnings for Jan to Dec 2012 you have to take the pro-rata for the 2 earnings.

This is how my application is based and I am sure a senior member can clarify this further,

Note
Disclaimer: Please note this is my understanding only.I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion

suis

Post by suis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 am

Hi MP1982,

i understand this now mate, thanks for it ,

so its like bellow

20250 K for 8 months on 27 K
11333 K for 4 month On 34 K

Total 31583 K for 12 months

so these sections are for most recent 1 year salaried (i hope)

thanks
regards
suis

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

you are on right track...Good luck...

Note

Deepa999

Post by Deepa999 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

Hi Suis,

Last week I have applied my ILR, You are right, That's the section you need to mention about the salary which you are claiming the points.

no matter if you are earning the same amt currently are not

suis

Post by suis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 am

thanks for Deepa999 and MP1982 ,
for thier wounderful comments over my points mentioned, looks like i dont need to appy through solicitor , i can save my money by filling my SET(O) forms by my self,

i still have some doughts on Section 9. C , assuming my DOB 01/10/1980 (not my real DOB cos of Data Protection)

how much points i could earn under Section 9.C ?

could you guys confirm me bellow calculations are right or wrong ?

£ 31583 for 12 months = 30 points

Digree = 30 points

UK Expierence = 5

thanks
regards
suis

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 pm

I suggest you have a good read through this guidance doc if you havent already which make the process much more smoother;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Note

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi Suis,

You need to calculate the points for age, based on the age when you first applied and obtained the HSMP visa.

In one of the questions on the calculator where it asks whether you want to claim points for your age. If you click the help link (opens in a pop up), it shows following.

"Points-based calculator - help

If you are in the UK and are applying to extend your stay you can score up to 20 points for your age. You should use your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer. Please refer to the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance for details of the points that you can score for age.
If your first application was to the HSMP this will be the date that you applied for your HSMP approval letter, not the date that you applied for your leave."

This clearly tells that you can claim points based on your age when you first applied for Tier 1 (not your current age).

Hope this helps.

Please below thread for answer on this and other queries related to earnings.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

suis

Post by suis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:59 pm

thanks everyone ,
i will research some more on the the information that you guys provided me,
regards
suis