ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING ILR 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goutham100
Newly Registered

APPLYING ILR 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

Post by goutham100 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 am

APPLYING INDEFINTE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR)

7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?
Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time.

I came to uk nov 2003 on student visa , got fresh talent 2005 december and hsmp 2008 feb

what should i put answer for question 7.11 9 years or 5 years. please help with answer appreciated

if i put 9 years then i was away for more that 6 months in FRESH TALENT VISA , BUT NOT ON HSMP VISA

DO I NEED TO SPECIFY I WAS AWAY FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS IN FRESH TALENT VISA

CAN ANYONE OR ALL PLEASE REPLY ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION MUCH APPRECIATED FOR THE HELP AND TIME

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: APPLYING ILR 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 pm

goutham100 wrote:APPLYING INDEFINTE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR)

Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time.

I came to uk nov 2003 on student visa , got fresh talent 2005 december and hsmp 2008 feb

what should i put answer for question 7.11 9 years or 5 years. please help with answer appreciated

if i put 9 years then i was away for more that 6 months in FRESH TALENT VISA , BUT NOT ON HSMP VISA

CAN ANYONE OR ALL PLEASE REPLY ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION MUCH APPRECIATED FOR THE HELP AND TIME
I have read a few other posts too but basically it is still not clear. I have seen mixed replies so everyone is answering what they think is right. Personally i think it should be the very first time you came to UK which is 9 yrs time in your case.

goutham100
Newly Registered

Re: APPLYING ILR 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

Post by goutham100 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm

shahid2000 wrote:
goutham100 wrote:APPLYING INDEFINTE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR)

I have read a few other posts too but basically it is still not clear. I have seen mixed replies so everyone is answering what they think is right. Personally i think it should be the very first time you came to UK which is 9 yrs time in your case.

DO I NEED TO SPCIFY THE DATES WHERE THEY ASK U WHERE AWAY FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS

IF I ANSWER 9 YEARS

I AM AWAY FOR 6 MONTHS DURING THE TIME OF FRESH TALENT VISA AND NOT IN HSMP

THIS WILL EFFECT MY ILR APPLICATION

PPLEASE REPLY APPRECIATED

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Just specify the duration in UK under qualifying category

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm

goutham100,

You are applying under HSMP which is now tier 1 general so you should put date in 2008 (as a note put that it was an in country application if that's the case)
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.