ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) - Timing of application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayubson
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR SET(M) - Timing of application

Post by ayubson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 am

Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I got married to a girl from India and brought her to the UK via a Spouse visa. I just need to understand on when i should actually be submitting the SET(M) application for her Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Spouse Visa is valid from Aug 23 2011 to Nov 23 2013. Entry to the UK was Sept 27 2011.

Question is when do i exactly send in the application form?

Would appreciate your help, many thanks.

Regards

Imran

imranh

Re: ILR SET(M) - Timing of application

Post by imranh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:59 pm

ayubson wrote:Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I got married to a girl from India and brought her to the UK via a Spouse visa. I just need to understand on when i should actually be submitting the SET(M) application for her Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Spouse Visa is valid from Aug 23 2011 to Nov 23 2013. Entry to the UK was Sept 27 2011.

Question is when do i exactly send in the application form?

Would appreciate your help, many thanks.

Regards

Imran
Between 28 days before Aug 23 2013 upto Nov 23 2013.

maxdemon76
Newly Registered

Post by maxdemon76 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 am

I disagree. According to the Guide Set M:

One of the requirements is that you have to complete 2 years’ leave to enter or remain as the partner of the person named in your application. That
period runs from
- the date on which you entered the UK with a
visa in the relevant category; or, if you did not
enter the UK with such a visa, from
- the date on which you were first granted leave
to remain in the UK in the relevant category

If what you say is true and your wife entered the UK on a spousal visa on 27 Sept 2011, the earliest you can apply for ILR is 30 Aug 2013.