ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Extension: Proof of Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dejavuagain
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Extension: Proof of Earnings

Post by dejavuagain » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

I hate going thru the immigration process - it stresses me out! :roll: We are now 7 months shy of being in the UK 5 years, so we must renew our TIER 1 visa again.

I appreciate that immigration is governed by rules of documented fact not logic.

Our last visa was granted in Feb2010, so we must only show greater than £40K in "prior earnings" to receive maximum points. We can meet the "prior earnings requirement" with the last 4 months of payslips. Our hired agent is saying immigration MUST see pay over a 12 mos period.

I have challenged the agent on this because we cannot guarantee a letter from prior employer (1/2012-5/2012) will arrive in time. The agent is having fits and saying immigration will delay the application, etc...

I looked in the "Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance version 12/2012" - 85. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.

I am happy to jump thru hoops if it is necessary, but I just don't understand this....Can someone explain why they need to see 12 mos of payslips?

(I'm actually more worried that I cannot find our original marriage license and have tried to expedite a new marriage license from California within 9 days! I do have a photocopy to provide.)

Please enlighten me!! :idea:
[/b]

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 pm

The 'we' you make reference to. I may be stating the obvious here but I take it you know that combined income of 2 individuals cannot be used for an application if this is what you mean.

Back to your question, there is no requirement to provide income over a 12-month period. You are only allowed to provide income earned within consecutive range of 12 months max (and less if you wish to) but the income must have been earned within the last 15 months of submitting your application.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

dejavuagain
Newly Registered

Post by dejavuagain » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Paribus -- Thanks for your input!!!

I wish WE meant I had a paying job (says the frustrated former project manager)!!! However, being a trailing spouse with 3 kids means my career is on hold. I do all the paperwork and home stuff. I recently considered going back to work, but not sure I can as a tier1-dependent.

I have had several issues with our agent, too many to get in to. Maybe time to find a different agent.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm

I understand where you're coming from with 3 dependants myself ! I am not aware of anything in the current rules that prevents a tier-1 dependant from working fulltime but I stand to be correccted.

It is always good from an individual perspective to understand UKBA rules, read the guidance notes and corresponding immigration rules inside out (as much as possible) as it applies to one's situation - even when using an agent. Better to be well informed enough to be in a position to challenge an agent on a specific position or scenario than entrusting one's application to the agent lock, stock and barrel on the general presumption that agents are all-knowing and can't do no wrong. At the end of the day, it is your application and God forbid but the only impact to an agent for a failed application is loss of income for that specific application. The candidate is the one to bear the brunt. Take no chance with an agent that does not seem to be up to date on the current rules.

All the best with your application
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!