ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS HO MAKING IT RETURNS MANDATORY ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

IS HO MAKING IT RETURNS MANDATORY ??

Post by aj_sp_007 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:39 am

hi all ,

Lot of rejections this december...was never expected and gone through each and every of them...the only problem coming out is, with the previous earning section. Now is it possible to claim points with the salary slips , bank statement & letter from the employer ??? I have gone through lot of refused cases in this forum and that to on the grounds of IT Returns....??? Now what does this mean....???

aj_sp_007
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZERS
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:32 am

IT returns is the MOST important document.

If your claim period falls (even partially) into a tax year, then you MUST submit it. If you are not, then you are just trying out your luck.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

hi

Post by aj_sp_007 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:02 am

my claim period will be jan 06 to dec 06 ... what do you suggest...???
________
Ferrari f355
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jk2007
BANNED

Re: hi

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:06 am

[quote="aj_sp_007"]my claim period will be jan 06 to dec 06 ... what do you suggest...???[/quote]

In that case provide the following:

(1) Tax return for the year 2005-2006 (that covers the period from Jan 2006 - March 2006)
(2) Pay slips for the entire period
(3) Bank statements for the entire period

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:07 am

you must, if you can. if there is no way you can submit it, then you should give solid reasons as to why you can't and submitting enough alternate evidence.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:37 am

[quote="webhunter"]you must, if you can. if there is no way you can submit it, then you should give solid reasons as to why you can't and submitting enough alternate evidence.[/quote]

Well said Webhunter. Unless the reasons you are providing are compelling, HO will not consider alternate evidences.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:34 am

i am submitting payslips for 12 months dec-05 to dec-06.stamped and singed,on letter head.
bank statements for 12 months printouts attested by HDFC bank.
IT returns from nov 05-till marc 06..actually it is from mar-05 till marc-06 income tax year. for IT returns, i have payment challan and saral form stamped by IT dept with a sticker on it. i dont think there is any signature on it. do u guys think the signature is must on SARAL. actually IT returns means only saral form will be stamped by the IT dep. there will not be any other proof for that.
another proof is my monthly gross statement with TDS and other deductions attested by the emploer
another one is CA letter which states gross sal for 12 months and a couple of lines by CA saying that IT year is from mar-apr and hence iam submitting for only last year.

what u guys think is this sufficient

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:22 am

Hello All,

Following would be the case of Indian HSMP Applicant:

What is the Income Tax Return? - The Saral Form Filed and submitted to IT department or the Assessment Report received from IT?

If it is SARAL from then, original is with the IT department, and the Tax payee only gets the copy with the reference number on it. Does this form a good evidence? As HO says all documentary evidences should be ORIGINAL.

Again, the SARAL is a self Assessment Tax document, the HSMP guidance notes says self assessment tax documents are not accepted as proof of earnings; as they are not independent.

HOWEVER, I broadly agree that the IT Return (Whatever is appropriate -Form -16, SARAL or IT Assessment Report) should be provided along with the earnings.

I have already submitted my application, claiming the exceptional circumstance for not submitting the IT return, citing the reason that the as it does not cover the full period.

Should I send now the IT Assessment report received from Income Tax department? My application is yet to reach HO.

Thanks all,

NNJ10

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:18 pm

nnj10, what u said is perfect. i too wanted to put few points on it and u have taken words from my mouth.
i checked in the IT dept website today..http://incometaxindia.gov.in/fileyourreturn/saral.asp. it is mentioned in that 1 point, saral is to be filled in duplicate and one is given to the assessee. i am going to attach this to the form.hope it helps everyone.
also, on SARAL form, there is only one stamp and a sticker with our PAN number. there will not be any signature. who will know this? if the hsmp team insists for this then it is our badluck..
I am making it a point to take a printout and write everything on it..which is where..etc
i got my NARIC today and do we have to send the original to them?

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:40 pm

freebirds

On the SARAL form when they put the stamp is there any line on the stamp saying "Signature ..............". In that case IT department official has to atleast initial it.

If you cannot get the signature on SARAL form, atleast attach the original Form 16 (issued by the employer), when you apply for HSMP. If you have already attached the original Form 16 with SARAL form submitted to the IT, then try and get another copy of Form 16 from your employer.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:07 pm

On the SARAL form when they put the stamp is there any line on the stamp saying "Signature ..............". In that case IT department official has to atleast initial it. ---yes there is signature of the IT official, but dept guy hasnt put any stamp on it. what to do now...?

If you cannot get the signature on SARAL form, atleast attach the original Form 16 (issued by the employer), when you apply for HSMP. If you have already attached the original Form 16 with SARAL form submitted to the IT, then try and get another copy of Form 16 from your employer. --- there is no signature of the IT official on the saral form. But I am attaching form-16 duplicate signed and stamped by my employer.

so all in all I have now:
12 months payslips
12 months bank statements
SARAL from IT dept (for the year 05-06. this covers only nov05-mar06 of my 12 months earnings)
IT payment challan
FORM-16 from current employer
GROSS EARNINGS statement for 12 months from current employer with TDS details also in there.

Marvel
Newly Registered

Post by Marvel » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:24 pm

Hey Guys, Its mandatory if you cannot explain why you cannot submit it, means..its OK, if you have a valid reason for not submitting it - like returns not yet filed for current year, else you must submit it.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:56 pm

Fully agree with this. Tax document is the most credible document in this instance.

Pantaiema
Marvel wrote:Hey Guys, Its mandatory if you cannot explain why you cannot submit it, means..its OK, if you have a valid reason for not submitting it - like returns not yet filed for current year, else you must submit it.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:56 am

Hi Guys,

My employer has not signed the PHOTOCOPY of Form -16 that I submitted with the application. I have sent the photocopy of the Form 16 covering the 5 months period out of 12 months claimed. Original form 16 is submitted along with the ITR. However, my employer has given me a letter summarising the total Tax Deduction over 12 months period that I have claimed my earnings for.

Past earnings I have following documents:

1) Wage slips for 12 months - Original signed and stamped on the employer letterhead.
2) Letter from employer stating my earnings for the 12 months
This covers Gross/Tax/net amount for all 12 months.
3) Bank Statements showing income for all 12 months, on Bank letter head, and is print signed by the bank's quartely account statement.
4) Letters from employer for the total Tax Deduction for the total 12 months period.
5) PHOTOCOPY of the Form 16 for 5 months out of 12 months claimed.
I know photocopies are not accepted, but I provided it as supplementary evidence, my employer has already given me the Tax Deduction certificate for full 12 months period.

Hope this would be helpful.
I have already sent my HSMP Application.

Any suggestions?
NNJ10

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

now what

Post by aj_sp_007 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:58 am

my claim period is jan 06 to dec 06. IT Return I can provide will be of Jan 06 - Mar 06 . My IT Return will show income from april 05 - dec 05.Now for this do I need to show caseworker where i was working earlier.

help

aj_sp_007
________
Bed bath and beyond gift card
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:46 am

whatis the IT return proof u r submitting..is it saral or form16.
if saral, has it got signature on it..
i have only stamp and sticker...
IT dept said they dont put signature

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

a

Post by aj_sp_007 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:49 pm

hi freebird

only saral
________
HEMP
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Dear Forum Members,

This long week-end, I saw number of cases; which got rejected for not providing the Income Tax Return, even though the cliam period just partly falls in a particular Tax Year.

So, lesson learned is that for NEW HSMP APPLICATIONS, one need to send the ITR, otherwise, it is likely that the application will be rejected.

The Guidance Notes, says, One need to provide BOTH Income Tax Return and Original Wage slips for the earnings proof for the period claimed. If the Income Tax return does not cover the complete earnings period then one has to provide either letter from employer or the bank statement for the remaining period.

I am awaiting the reference number for my application, once I get the reference number, I will send the income tax return for the previous completed tax year, along with the Income Tax Assessment report, to be sure.

The only thing that worries me is that they shoud not hurry and decide on my application.

Is there any way, we can ask the HSMP team to HOLD the processing of the Application? Can I request them for this? My Application reached H.O. on 28-Dec, and the credit card is not yet debited for the payment.

Thanks,
NNJ10

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi nnj,

It might be better not to request them to hold your application, that could mean it will go the bottom of the queue. Between 29th and now, it is hardly any time, considering the new year break. So I would be tempted not to worry much about the credit card payment yet.

Yes, once you get the reference number, you may want to send any additional evidence that you have. They are not in a hurry to make a decision over night, so I would imagine you will have some breathing time for sending the additional evidence.

Hope that helps.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:24 pm

Thanks Webhunter,

I am worried about the reference number, as my CC is not debited till date. I did send an Email to the HSMP team on last friday, and I also called them up on Friday evening; but they said they don't have any record on my name in their system, and told me that the Application might be with the Payment Processing Centre, they asked me to call back on Tuesday Morning.

Let's see, If I am lucky enough to get the reference number in the new year.

Keeping Fingers Crossed :? :? :?
NNJ10

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:30 pm

nnj10

Don't worry, you will get the reference number.You have sent an Email, wait for their reply. They will reply.

I got my reference number one week after my application reached them.

pravtech

Post by pravtech » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:08 am

can any one gimme the mail ID of hsmp team or general one??wer u sent mails for queries??

praveen

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi All,

IT RETURN IS MANDATORY....SEE BELOW MAIL RESPONSE.....

Dear MY NAME

Thank you for your enquiry.
>
Submitting an income tax return is mandatory.

Regarding the past earnings section we realise that most applicants tax returns
will not cover the period that is claimed for. In your case what you must do is
provide your most recent original tax return that covers some of the period
claimed. If you can't provide this then you must state why in the exceptional
reason section on the form. If you can include this you can then provide 2
additional pieces of evidence. These should ideally be the wage slips and bank
statements.

> I hope this is helpful.
>
> > Customer Service Advisor
>
> Customer Contact Centre
> Work Permits UK
> Home Office
> P.O Box 3468
> Sheffield
> S3 8WA
>
Tel: 0114 207 4074
Email: wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

SO WE NEED TO SEND THE ITR- IS IT COVERS EVEN FEW DAYS OF EARNINGS PERIOD.

NNJ10

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:33 pm

what was the period you claimed for ?

it looks like there is a spelling mistake in there, and they are suggesting if you cannot supply it - then you must supply 2 additional pieces of evidence

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi Shockboy,

I interprete it as IT RETURN IS MANDATORY.

My claim period is from Nov05 to Oct06.
The Tax year is from Apr05 to March06.
So I should have attached the ORIGINAL Tax Return with my Initial application, which I dinot citing the exceptional reason,
but again learned that in this case, one has to provide the previously completed year Income Tax Return.

BTW, I am awaiting the Appl. Ref No. to post the original TAX RETURN to the HSMP team,

NNJ10