ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query on initial absences after first entry to UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramana66

ILR Query on initial absences after first entry to UK

Post by Ramana66 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi All,

I am on T1-G visa throughout and below are my details.

1. EC issued on 20 Aug 08 (T1-G) valid until 20 Aug 11

2. Arrived in UK on 12 Oct 08 and left on 18 Oct 08 (to attended interviews in UK and went back to India waiting for offers as the companies told me that it would take time to complete reference checks and prepare and send the offers). It was also necessary for me to travel back to India to make arrangements for my wife and kids as they stayed back in India and joined me in UK in April 2009 after my kids completed school year.

3. Returned back on 22 Nov 08 and started the job on 24 Nov 08.

4. T1-G renewed from 01 Sept 11 to 01 Sept 13 (applied by post on 05 Aug 2011, hence delay in visa extension).

I had three personal trips outside UK (each 2 - 3 weeks) since starting the job in Nov 2008 (in addition to the one immediately after my first entry mentioned above).

I also have about 160 Business absences, this may go up slightly. But never more than 180 in consecutive 12 months period. None of my trips are over 35 days in a stretch. I will be able to get letter from my company justifying the necessity of these travel (though I know it is not required in case of T1-G). After looking at ILR successes of other members, I guess these are not an issue.

My question is regarding the absences between the period mentioned in Point 2 and 3 above. Does this absence impact my ILR application. I am planning to apply for ILR around 25 July 13 at PEO.

If the above absences are an issue, do I need to submit a letter on compassionate grounds.

Would appreciate comments by members and also anyone who is in same situation as mine and how they are approaching this.

Many thanks,

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Any comments from the members. Does any one has similar situation and got the ILR.

My concern is due to the short inital visit (one week).

Would appreciate for the help.