ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport after Ilr

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naCC
BANNED

British passport after Ilr

Post by naCC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi i got my ilr in october 2012 and went for holidays straight afterwards for 3 month ,
My question is when can i apply for British passport? Do i have to be in the uk for full 1 year before i apply for BC or how many days can i stay outside th Uk before i qualify for BC?

Regards

lostintot
Newly Registered

Post by lostintot » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 am

There requirements to be met in order to qualify for a BC depending on your status i.e married to a BC or long residence.

Residential requirements

To demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation, you must have:

been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.

Check out the full requirements on the website below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... quirements

Good luck