ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imrantak
Newly Registered

Return of documents

Post by imrantak » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi All
I received my Tier1 extension on same day (PEO) in Nov, and then I sent my dependents (wife and son) dependent extension application through post.

Their Biometric was completed today 23.1.2013 and I have UKBA reference numbers for both the applications.

I have sent my original Passport and Biometric card with their application and I need to travel urgently.

I am confused if I should send "Return of documents" to UKBA for "just" my passport and biometric card.

I see this on ukba site:

"For all applications other than European and nationality applications, if you request the return of documents, your application will be automatically withdrawn and your application fee will not be refunded"

can you please advice?

thanks in advance

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Return of documents

Post by silent_warrior » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 pm

imrantak wrote:Hi All
I received my Tier1 extension on same day (PEO) in Nov, and then I sent my dependents (wife and son) dependent extension application through post.

Their Biometric was completed today 23.1.2013 and I have UKBA reference numbers for both the applications.

I have sent my original Passport and Biometric card with their application and I need to travel urgently.

I am confused if I should send "Return of documents" to UKBA for "just" my passport and biometric card.

I see this on ukba site:

"For all applications other than European and nationality applications, if you request the return of documents, your application will be automatically withdrawn and your application fee will not be refunded"

can you please advice?

thanks in advance
It was not required for you to send your original passport and Biometric card. However, requesting your passport and biometric does not mean withdrawing your dependent's application. Call UKBA and ask them what is the process to only ask for your 'already approved' biometric card and passport

imrantak
Newly Registered

Post by imrantak » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 am

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.
When I was submitting my dependents application, I called UKBA and they clearly advised me to send my original passport and biometric card as well.

Problem with call is that you dont have a record of what they say.
Written is what will matter.
Though they said on phone on that I can ask for documents, but the written thing on site is bit confusing.