ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Keeping my husband here, was deported and re-entered illegal

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jjsavilla
Newly Registered

Keeping my husband here, was deported and re-entered illegal

Post by jjsavilla » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:00 pm

My husband is incarcerated in Indiana. At his depotation hearing in 2000, his attorney wasn't doing his job so my husband-father to our first child, but we weren't married until he got back a few months later-didn't appeal the decision so he could get back(illegally)to take care of us. Since acquiring his deportation papers, I noticed his attorney never filed the paperwork for his "request for relief" and never told us it exsisted. I'm trying to keep him from being deported again. Can anyone help us???

antontony

Post by antontony » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:26 pm

Hello,

A deportation is nearly for life. I am telling you that from my UK/EEA immigration lawyer's experience.

Are you dfinately sure her was DEPORTED ? A DEPORTATION is the worst thing which could happen to a foreigner in the UK, immigration wise. Has he been to prison with a prison sentence more then 12 months ?

If that is the case and the DEPORTAION ORDER was signed against him, well, he may never be able to return to the UK to live with you, as under the Deportatin rules he must first ask the Secretary of State to lift that Deportation Order. If the Order is lifted, then he can ONLY apply for a visa for the UK, which, in fact, maybe refused.

If we was just sent home (professionally speaking - ADMINISTARTIVELY REMOVED from the UK) and issued with IS96, IS151x forms - then it is not a problem and his situation is manageble. That means that is still able to apply for a proper UK visa to come to the UK.

Just confirm whether he was deported or removed.

Regards,

Anton

jjsavilla
Newly Registered

Deported

Post by jjsavilla » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:52 am

I'm sorry I didn't specify that we are in the U.S. He was born in Monterrey, Mexico and is going to be deported again to Mexico in a month, or so. Thank you for taking the time to read my question, and replying to it.

Sincerely,

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:43 am

You have posted this in the section of the boards headed "United Kingdom"...

I'm moving the topic to the USA forum.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....