ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dolores
Newly Registered

Naturalization process

Post by dolores » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:07 pm

I am not sure about the correct time that me and my brother should apply for naturalization. I did arrive in UK in May 1999 and immediately applied for asylum on the same date of entry in UK. I was granted limited leave to remain only for 1 year given the specific medical condition the i had from March 2001 till April 2002. However on August 2001 my brother did join me as well in Uk. He was a minor at the time (still he is) and he was granted discretionary leave to remain from August 2002 till March 2006. On the other hand, after my limited leave to enter expired i did not hear from HO, they always kept saying that my case was under considerations. After many attempts by our Mp they did grant us the ILR under the Family Amnesty in march 2006. I am not sure whether i should apply in march 2007 after 1 year given that my brother has been recognised as legal since 2002 and myself since 2001. In addition my brother will be 16 years old this march (2007) should he appply by himself or with me?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:30 am