ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa and documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fsixteen

Family visit visa and documents

Post by fsixteen » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi,

I am inviting my mother, sister and brother to visit me for a month. Do I need to provide an original supporting documents for each applicant. Like pay slips, bank statements, sponsorship letter. ?

Many Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:04 pm

That entirely depends on their circumstances.

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Lucapooka wrote:That entirely depends on their circumstances.
For Example ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:33 pm

If there were residents of Monaco, for example.

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If there were residents of Monaco, for example.
They are resident of Pakistan and I have ILR

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 pm

If they are financially independent, you don't need to provide any evidence of your own ability to support their stay in the UK. If they need to rely on your benevolence to support their trip (because they have none of their own or have insufficient), then you do need to provide evidence of your bank accounts.

If they will be staying in your house, you can provide evidence of its suitability to accommodate all of those extra people without contravening the housing laws.

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If they are financially independent, you don't need to provide any evidence of your own ability to support their stay in the UK. If they need to rely on your benevolence to support their trip (because they have none of their own or have insufficient), then you do need to provide evidence of your bank accounts.

If they will be staying in your house, you can provide evidence of its suitability to accommodate all of those extra people without contravening the housing laws.
Thanks. But this is not my query. Do I need to provide an original document for each applicant because I have only 1 set available and they are 3.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

First it was necessary to establish if you need to provide any document, and that is where this discussion has led us. The other aspect of your question can be answered with no.

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Lucapooka wrote:First it was necessary to establish if you need to provide any document, and that is where this discussion has led us. The other aspect of your question can be answered with no.
Thanks Guru.

"If they will be staying in your house, you can provide evidence of its suitability to accommodate all of those extra people without contravening the housing laws"
WHICH DOCUMENT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE FOR THIS ?
Currently I am Living in 1 bed room flat on Rent.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 pm

A one bedroom flat will not be adequate accommodation for the quantity of people you have mentioned in your first post.

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Lucapooka wrote:A one bedroom flat will not be adequate accommodation for the quantity of people you have mentioned in your first post.
Please advice what to do in this case ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Find an alternative for their visit

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Find an alternative for their visit
perhaps a neighbour, family or friend with a spare bedroom would "put them up"?..

my wifes mother stayed with us, but was "housed" by my brother on her visit (for visa purposes).

When she came for visit for our marriage my brother in law sponsored her trip with father in law and "he paid for hotel rooms" (but mother n father stayed with us)
(BIL is high paid programmer etc). on second visit he "sponsored" MIL's visit, by way of cash, and a credit card should the need arise...