ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved - Sheffield - 14th Jan 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tanya2013
Newly Registered

ILR Approved - Sheffield - 14th Jan 2013

Post by Tanya2013 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Dear All

Many Thanks to everyone here for all the help and guidance with which i was able to compile my file and show up to my interview in person.

Share my experience here:

ILR pre status: 2yr HSMP + 3yr Tier 1 General (Migrant) + 0 Dependant

PEO Appointment: 14th Jan 2013 Sheffield 1410

I sat down on 6th of December 2012 at midnight for an hour and was experiencing the website crashing every time I tried to logon – Failing whole night I decided to go to bed at 2:30am. I started work next day at 8:30 and I again logged on to the website at 9:30 and I just could not believe that there were so many appointments available for Dec last week and January the 14th :D – so feeling lucky I grabbed this one.
On the day: I live in London so I had booked the national express couch from Victoria to Sheffield Coach Station. It took me roughly four hours. I was at Sheffield city round about half 12 and the PEO is about 7-10 minutes’ walk from there. I visited the Barclays bank too which was 5 minutes away from the PEO (very big branch with all the facilities) Manager was so very helpful. I wanted to grab the stamped statements for January 2013 until that day. I was well in time for the appointment. For some reason I was not hungry that day even when I could smell the delicious food from the restaurants and pubs around!

Documents Submitted:

Set(O) form + two pp size photos
12 Months PaySlips
12 Months Statements
Letter from Employer Stating I am required for Foreseeable time
LIUK Test Pass Certificate
Boarding Passes form few past travels when my passport didn’t get stamped
Print out of the PBS calculator output

One the time of appointment:

Arrived at the door 30 minutes prior to time and got in after the security check (airport style). I had a sandwich and apple and water on me which was allowed to take in. The security fella does asked me to take few sips of the water out of my bottle – just to check if its water and nothing else! That made me giggle as I said that’s clever to him and he smiled back :twisted:

Okay once in, the security fellow asked me why I am here for, I said ILR and then he pointed me to go to the counter no. 2 – that’s the reception. Ordinary post office style counters with seats on both sides.
Lady there smiled and gave me a ticket and said someone will call soon and check your application. I waited on one of the benches there. Some kids channel was running on the screen there.
After 15 minutes my number 45 was called and I went to the counter with my file. And the lady asked is that all and I said yes, its got my app with originals and photo copies.
She went thro the application to check if I have signed where applicable and ticked her checklist and then she secured all with a big rubber band and said while giving all back to me to see the counter no.1 for payment and she also said that I’ll have to find the counter availability myself and that they won’t call my number. It was free and hopped from this counter (4) to counter no. 1 .
I used Visa Debit card to pay and all went smooth and she kept all the documents with her and said that I will get the receipt of the payment with the originals in the end. And that I should now wait with my ticket number to be called for biometrics.
Ok now the wait started – after about and hour I was called for Biometrics. They took my head shot and finger prints. And I asked the women – is your system safe enough and I hope our information won’t get hacked!! She laughed and said no it’s all very very secure. Well I hope so!!
Now she once done she asked me to wait until the case worker calls my number.
I went out near the screen. WC’s are ok clean and non-smelly!
I waited for about an hour until my number was called and the caseworker looked rather tired but professional and friendly. She said I will be looking into your case and that it would take her about 45 minutes to one hour. I said thanks I shall see soon then.
Waited again – Remember phones not allowed to be switched on during all the time – they are very strict about it. Someone switched it on and the security came straight away to tell him off. I was tired by now as it was pretty cold and snowing outside and very dull looking day and I hadn’t eaten all day for some odd reason I don’t know!!
Finally the case worker came around in 45 minutes and said all seems ok and you should receive your BPR in 5 to 10 working days. And returned me my originals with two approval letter both saying the same thing in different ways..
I left in 5 minutes and the time was 5pm, PEO was closed at 4pm but obviously few people were still working!
Voila I was soo hungry all of sudden that hungry that I could eat whole of watermelon and 50 bananas .. :D Took my coach back at 6:15 and was home around 10pm.
Long but very productive day.
I called the DX on 0160 449 6798 followed by * when got thro, and confirmed with them that they have my BPR card and will deliver it tomorrow between 9am and 5pm . I didn’t have any tracking number so I gave them my address and name. I am working so they said I can leave my ID with my family member will receive it which could be Driver’s License or Passport or a Credit or Debit card and an signed authorization letter saying I authorise her/him for signing on my behalf for the delivery.

I hope I would see my new baby soon tomorrow 8)
Thanks again every one for silently or non-silently helping me thro all this.
Warm Regards
Tanya

Deepa999

Re: ILR Approved - Sheffield - 14th Jan 2013

Post by Deepa999 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am

Congratulations Tanya

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am

>Letter from Employer Stating I am required for Foreseeable time

How fresh was that letter? Any requirements at all? How old it can be or how long ago it can be issued prior to the date of application?

Tanya2013
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Approved - Sheffield - 14th Jan 2013

Post by Tanya2013 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Deepa999 wrote:Congratulations Tanya
Cheers! :D

Tanya2013
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya2013 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Muscovite wrote:>Letter from Employer Stating I am required for Foreseeable time

How fresh was that letter? Any requirements at all? How old it can be or how long ago it can be issued prior to the date of application?
Letter was very fresh, In my case i got it since it made me feel more confident as i only started this job six months back and secondly it was dated for this January.
I dont think its the requirment for Tier 1 General Migrants but i have seem mostly everyone getting one if possible.
Not sure about the Date but i think earlier the better - it seems more relevant , also mine was addressed to the home office
Hope this helps.