ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job searching before EC

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajilani

Job searching before EC

Post by ajilani » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:59 am

Dear All,

I just got HSMP approval letter and have a plan to apply for EC in March 2007. My question is that can I float my CV to UK recruitment agencies before submitting my EC application?

Regards,
- Azher

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:08 am

Why Not... No one can stop you applying for a Job in UK or any other country. My Advice is, Prepare a Good Resume mentioning your work Status for UK e.g. I put Work Authorization: UK (under HSMP) and INDIA.

Prepare a Good Covering letter and DO NOT forget to mention that you are eligible to work in the UK...

Then start applying and registering with Job Agencies... Few of them are:

www.reed.co.uk
www.cwjobs.co.uk
www.itjobwatch.co.uk
www.totaljobs.com

And Many more.... :)

Cheers,

Akash...

ajilani

Post by ajilani » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:13 am

Thanks a lot Akash.

- Azher

from_india

Post by from_india » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:17 pm

Definitely! That's what I did. Also, by looking at the other messages on this board, I think it wont be wise to go to UK and start looking the job. Also, you wouldnt want to obtain the EC and then apply for the job. Remember, after you get your EC, you have only 2 years to spend in UK barring the HSMP renewal. So you would want to leave getting the EC at the very last moment just before you put-in your papers in your current job ;-). Yeah, make sure that you dont put-in your papers before you get your EC.