ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Director for Limited Company

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qwerty10
Newly Registered

Director for Limited Company

Post by qwerty10 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife are directors of a company which I am using for contracting. This company was registered few years ago but we only started using it 6 months ago so the last tax return and annual accounts only show the turnover of few hundred pounds.

We both get a salary and dividends.

My wife had to go to home country due to family emergency so we need to apply for her spouse visa from there. She was in UK as Tier 1 dependent and I got ILR (on 10 years) but didn't switched her visa as we were going to apply for her ILR on 10 years basis.

Our company Tax year and Accounts date is different so we are now trying to change our accounts date to match the tax year. My accountant has told me that they might need to produce two Tax returns consisting of 12 months and 4 months so my questions is that will this cause a problem? This tax return will cover the period of annual accounts (they are 16 months because we are going to change the date)

Secondly, I am paying myself yearly salary enough to clear the threshold but i have not paid myself enough salary in current tax year as I only started using company 6 months ago so will they look at the total salary I have paid in a tax year or the total salary stated in my employment contract?

Third, Me and my wife had been living together for past 6-7 years so what documents (other than Marriage certificate) do i need to provide to prove subsisting relationship? We have joint mortgage and joint account from last 4-5 years so is that enough to prove or do i need to provide the evidence that we have been in touch while she was outside of UK?

Fourth, I am confused by the Appendix I need to fill. As I am paying a salary to myself so I am employed but the FMSE document states that Director of a limited company is treated as Self Employed so which category I should fill? I also need to rely on Dividends income so do I need to select Self employed? I am not yet registered with HMRC as self employed as there is no such requirement.

Fifth, While browsing this form I came across few posts which stated that their visa was rejected because CT603 was not provided. Is it still required?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks