ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notification of acceptance?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MattDell

Notification of acceptance?

Post by MattDell » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm

When I applied for my initial Tier 1 visa, I recall getting an acceptance e-mail fairly quickly from the UKBA.

It's been 2 days since I posted my application. I know it's been delivered according to my tracking number, but I have no idea if my passport and application are actually in their hands.

Do they not still send an e-mail saying they have received the package? Just worrying a bit here. :)

-Matt

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Nevermind. Seems my bank account is £1500 the lesser this afternoon. Guess they have it, then! :)

manojk005

Re: Notification of acceptance?

Post by manojk005 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:35 pm

MattDell wrote:When I applied for my initial Tier 1 visa, I recall getting an acceptance e-mail fairly quickly from the UKBA.

It's been 2 days since I posted my application. I know it's been delivered according to my tracking number, but I have no idea if my passport and application are actually in their hands.

Do they not still send an e-mail saying they have received the package? Just worrying a bit here. :)

-Matt
You must have applied for initial Tier 1 in some technologically advanced country but this is UK. UKBA is not known for advanced technology or efficiency.

Depending on their workload, they will send acknowledgement letter by post. If you had opted to pay by card then you can keep eye on your credit/debit card online account. This will be one of the best way to know initial status.

MattDell

Re: Notification of acceptance?

Post by MattDell » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 am

manojk005 wrote:
MattDell wrote:When I applied for my initial Tier 1 visa, I recall getting an acceptance e-mail fairly quickly from the UKBA.

-Matt
You must have applied for initial Tier 1 in some technologically advanced country but this is UK. UKBA is not known for advanced technology or efficiency.
Truth! Looking through my old e-mails I did in through visa4UK and the consulate in Los Angeles. I guess that explains it. :)