ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier General 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hrasheed
Newly Registered

Tier General 1 Extension

Post by hrasheed » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi there,

I’m self employed and got tier 1 general visa on 20 June 2011 which is expiring on 20 june 2013. Now im preparing myself for extension.

I browsed so many websites but couldn’t get the right information.

When I applied for tier 1 general visa in 2011 my lawyer misguided me and she said I need £40,000 or higher gross profit in order to qualify but I read somewhere, I needed to show £40,000 gross income not gross profit. Is it true information?

How many points do I need to score in order to get extension on tier 1 general. 95 points or 100 points

Home office will consider the age points when I applied for tier 1 general application first time. At that time I was 29 and I got 20 point and now I’m 31 and do you think I will get 10 points or 20 points.

Thanks a lot

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:30 am

You get the same points for the 'Age' as that of your initial application.
Also you might want to read on the Tier 1 Policy guidance, as to what you need to show them for previous earnings. Also try using the points calculator